With an identical voice structure to the AX73, the VX90 is little more than a rack-mount version. It is a MIDI equipped six-voice analog synthesizer with advanced digital controls and functions. Like the AX73 it has an auto-tune function and a really nice VCF lowpass/hipass filter and envelope section. The VX90's memory capacity holds up to 100 patches. It can be played polyphonically or in a stacked unison mode for that thick lead sound for your rave and techno anthems. A really cool feature of the VX90 is that you can plug the Akai S-612, S-900 and S-950 samplers in to it and run their samples through the VX90's analog filter and envelope sections.
Lookup Akai VX90 Prices
The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings with more images, specs and information. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace. Our marketplace gets thousands of visits every week so make sure to check back often if you want to buy or sell a synth.
Related forum topics
Are you looking to buy or sell a Akai VX90? Post an ad in Gear For Sale or a request in Gear Wanted. For spare parts and repair services check out Gear Services & Other Goods. Our forums also has a Buyer’s Guide section where you can ask for advice on buying synthesizers.
- The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace or post a wanted classified.
- Demos & Media
- Polyphony - 6 Voice
- Oscillators - 6 VCOs (1 VCO per voice with saw, tri, pulse, saw+tri and noise)
- LFO - Standard LFO
- Filter - 1 24dB/oct resonant 4-pole filter with highpass
- VCA - ADSR envelope generators
- Keyboard - None
- Memory - 100 patches
- Control - MIDI
- Date Produced - 1986
- Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.