The Axxe is basically a budget-proof version of the popular Odyssey. With just one oscillator (compared with two in the Odyssey), the Axxe certainly has a thinner sound but it is still that uniquely angular and powerful analog ARP sound. It's not too exciting, but it is simple and straight forward. A perfect first vintage analog for any musician that will still find plenty of use among more seasoned synth players for quick analog bass lines, lead sounds and synth FX. It has no form of memory storage and external control comes via CV/Gate only. It came with a 155 page text book, overlay sheets, interface charts and a book of 50 patches.
Like most ARP synths, the Axxe also underwent a makeover. The original models featured a black and gold design which looks similar to the the Odyssey II (aka 2810), with later models switching to the black and orange design with PPC pitch bend buttons. The Axxe has been used by 808 state, Jude Allen, Adrian Chase, Rick Davis, Baby Ford, Pascal Gabriel, Herbie Hancock, Paddy Kingsland (BBC Radiophonic Workshop), Howard Leese (Heart) and Eat Static.
Lookup ARP Axxe Prices
The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings with more images, specs and information. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace. Our marketplace gets thousands of visits every week so make sure to check back often if you want to buy or sell a synth.
Related forum topics
Are you looking to buy or sell a ARP Axxe? Post an ad in Gear For Sale or a request in Gear Wanted. For spare parts and repair services check out Gear Services & Other Goods. Our forums also has a Buyer’s Guide section where you can ask for advice on buying synthesizers.
- The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace or post a wanted classified.
- Polyphony - Monophonic
- Oscillators - 1 VCO
- LFO - One LFO w/ sine mod to VCF or PW, sine or square mod to OSC pitch
- Filter - Model 4075 4-pole, Low Pass Filter w/ resonance, cutoff, key tracking
- VCA - One ADSR envelope mod to PW, VCF cutoff or VCA (+ sample&hold of pitch or VCF)
- Keyboard - 37 keys
- Arpeg/Seq - None
- Control - CV/Gate
- Date Produced - 1975 - 1981
- Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.