Omni Mk 1 (1975-77)
The Omni is an analog synth with preset Orchestral String sounds. It has polyphonic Violin and Viola waveforms as well as monophonic Bass and Cello waveforms. It is split into 3 sections: Strings, Synthesizer, and Bass synth - all simultaneously available. It has traditional and simple VCA, VCF, and LFO controls for contouring your sounds as well as a nice chorus that really thickens up the string sound. It has no program memory.
Omni Mk 2 (1978-81)
ARP later released the Omni Mk 2 (pictured above). It was basically the same machine as its predecessor, except for a few minor enhancements and a cosmetic Orange & Black color-scheme upgrade. And it did have a much more advanced triggering system for the VCF and VCA for more expressive results. The Omni has been used by Tangerine Dream, The Cars, Joy Division, Kraftwerk, Trouble Funk and New Order.
Lookup ARP Omni Prices
The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings with more images, specs and information. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace. Our marketplace gets thousands of visits every week so make sure to check back often if you want to buy or sell a synth.
Related forum topics
Are you looking to buy or sell a ARP Omni? Post an ad in Gear For Sale or a request in Gear Wanted. For spare parts and repair services check out Gear Services & Other Goods. Our forums also has a Buyer’s Guide section where you can ask for advice on buying synthesizers.
- The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace or post a wanted classified.
- Demos & Media
- Polyphony - Divide-down architecture
- Waveforms - 4 preset sounds: Violin (polyphonic), Viola (polyphonic), Cello (monophonic), Bass (monophonic)
- LFO - One variable speed LFO for string section with Sine wave shape
- Filter - Model 4075 4-pole, 24db lowpass with its own ADSR & Omni 2 added LFO control to VCF
- VCA - Omni 1: AR only; Omni 2: ADSR
- Keyboard - 49 keys
- Arpeg/Seq - None
- Control - CV/Gate
- Date Produced -
(Mark 1) - 1975 - 1977
(Mark 2) - 1978 - 1981
- Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.