The ARP Solus is a light and portable synth that lies somewhere between the Axxe and the Odyssey. The Solus is monophonic with 2 oscillators that include pulse-width-modulation and a digital ring modulator. An FM slider allows for an external sound source to be ring modulated through VCO #1 which gives this synth added function as an analog ring modulator perfect for creating wacky sounds. A great sounding ARP VCF (filter) adds a nice touch. Pitch bending is accomplished using a simple knob. Designed for portability this synth comes packaged in a very nicely built road case. It has been used by Tangerine Dream.
Lookup ARP Solus Prices
The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings with more images, specs and information. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace. Our marketplace gets thousands of visits every week so make sure to check back often if you want to buy or sell a synth.
Related forum topics
Are you looking to buy or sell a ARP Solus? Post an ad in Gear For Sale or a request in Gear Wanted. For spare parts and repair services check out Gear Services & Other Goods. Our forums also has a Buyer’s Guide section where you can ask for advice on buying synthesizers.
- The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace or post a wanted classified.
- Polyphony - Monophonic
- Oscillators - 2 VCO's (w/ sawtooth and pulse waveforms)
- LFO - 1 LFO can modulate filter, envelope or pulse width
- Filter - 4-pole low pass filter with cutoff, resonance & modulation by LFO, ADSR or keyboard
- VCA - 1 ADSR envelope
- Keyboard - 37 keys
- Arpeg/Seq - None
- Control - CV/GATE OUT
- Memory - None
- Effects - None
- Date Produced - 1980 - 1981
- Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
- Resources & Credits
Images from Synrise.
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.