Modal Electronics Release ARGON8 Firmware v2.4
Post date:Mon, 09/06/2021 - 07:35
The ARGON series, which Modal Electronics describes as a true sound designer’s playground, just got a little better with the recent release of a firmware update. As part of the firmware v2.4 release, Modal also announced the second volume of their Factory Preset library for the ARGON8, ARGON8M, and ARGON8X. According to Modal, the library was designed to spark the creative workflow of users and show the full capability of the mainstay synths in the Modal Electronics line.
Owners of the ARGON series should already have the new factory library installed on their ARGON synth if it is running firmware version 2.4. Users can find this information in the General Settings section of the synth. For those still running on a lower firmware, the update can be initiated through the MODALapp. After the installation, users should back up any presets that they want to save and then initiate a factory reset of the unit. The original Volume 1 Factory Library is also still available from the MODAL website (https://www.modalelectronics.com/argon8/).
Factory Library Volume 2 is not the only new addition with Firmware v2.4. The following feature enhancements are also available with the update:
- Added more LFO synced divisions
- Added Extended Oscillator Drift to upper range of Drift control. Rescaled patches accordingly
- Added “Master” Clock Source mode that always sends out MIDI clock
- Improved MIDI reliability on macOS Big Sur
- Improved arpeggiator sync when working with external sequencers
- Improved expression pedal behavior
- Improved LFO1 sync when clocked from external MIDI
In addition, the following fixes have been implemented:
- Fixed an issue that could cause Unison-8 levels to be inconsistent
- Fixed issue where an external CC 0 (bank) message would cause the screen to switch to the ‘play’ page if screen switching is enabled for external MIDI messages.
- Fixed negative LFO1 Rate mod assignments increasing LFO speed
- Fixed an edge case when loading a step sequence with 0 steps
- Fixed Y+ to LFO1 assignment not always working as expected
- Fixed negative modulation of LFO1 rate increasing the rate in some cases
- Fixed app sync of XY lock parameter
For more information, visits the Modal Electronics website (https://www.modalelectronics.com/argon8-firmware-v2-4-and-new-factory-library-available-now/).