Novation’s most powerful grid controller: made to produce with Ableton Live and hardware instruments
Post date:Wed, 01/15/2020 - 16:32
Novation are proud to announce the all-new Launchpad Pro [MK3]. The world’s favorite Ableton Live grid controller is now the perfect partner for hardware, combining deep Live integration with an intuitive built-in sequencer that can drive any MIDI instrument.
Made for Live, Launchpad Pro gets you closer to the Ableton Live workflow. With dedicated controls for clip and scene launching, transport, quantizing and duplicating, you’ll spend less time mousing and more time making music. There’s on-device access to Live’s Capture MIDI function for recovering those happy accidents, while Dynamic Scale and Note Modes ensure basslines, melodies, chords and leads are perfectly in key. Chord Mode lets you explore, build and play sophisticated chords straight from the grid, and Launchpad Pro even knows when you’re drumming and shows your drum rack on the grid.
Made to produce, Launchpad Pro is also a powerful MIDI sequencer. Easily configure Launchpad Pro to control your plugins or hardware gear using Novation Components, then switch instantly between eight Custom Modes. Connect to your studio with MIDI In, Out 1 and Out 2/Thru ports, then sequence your hardware and software with the four-track, 32-step polyphonic sequencer. Chain patterns and scenes to create full songs. Probability and Mutation keep your tracks evolving, while sync rate and play order let you perform with your patterns on the fly. Micro Steps let your sequences go off-grid.
Made to perform, its 64 super-responsive, velocity- and pressure-sensitive pads maximize your expressive potential. Thanks to its sleek, lightweight and tough design, Launchpad Pro is gig-ready from the get-go and is bus-powered over USB-C. It ships with a production bundle that includes Ableton Live Lite, plug-ins from XLN, Softube, Klevgrand and AAS, plus a free two-month Splice Sounds subscription and membership of Sound Collective, Novation’s ongoing program of free plug-in sharing. Novation’s new Easy Start Tool gets new users up and running in minutes with the software they need.
Key improvements over the previous Launchpad Pro:
• Powerful built-in sequencer allows Launchpad Pro [MK3] to control any MIDI synth, sampler or drum machine.
• Transport controls, tap tempo, Print To Clip and Capture MIDI provides deeper integration with Ableton Live.
• Eight Custom Modes and the Components editor help to make Launchpad Pro your own.
• Chord Mode makes it easy to create and perform with sophisticated harmonies.
• Larger, more expressive pads for a more rewarding playing experience.
• More compact, more portable and more powerful as a standalone device than ever.
• USB-C connector with USB powering for standalone use.