Clavia Nord Lead
One of the most incredible new synths available. It re-defines analog synthesis in a modern synth. Using Virtual Sound Modeling technology the intricate nuances and character of analog synth sounds are beautifully recreated on this amazingly flexible synth.
First of all, it can sound like them all, an ARP 2600 or a Minimoog or a Roland Jupiter. This synth is polyphonic and multitimbral, it has a very flexible filter, LFO and Envelope control, portamento/legato, a great arpeggiator and analog-like dedicated knobs for quick and easy synthesizing!
Everything is MIDI'd up and controllable, there's a great pitch bender and a 'morphing' feature. A performance mode allows certain parameters to be stored with a sound such as unison or poly modes, legato and portamento. It is available as a Keyboard, a Rackmount module and as Virtual PC Software.
This synth is currently in use by lots of artists including Ken Ishii, The Crystal Method, Fatboy Slim, Cirrus, Nine Inch Nails, Depeche Mode, Deftones, Mouse on Mars, Maroon 5, Dr. Dre, Laurent Garnier, ATB, The Prodigy, Autechre, Astral Projection, Boom Boom Satellites, Fluke, Front Line Assembly, KMFDM and Underworld.
Lookup Clavia Nord Lead Prices
The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings with more images, specs and information. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace. Our marketplace gets thousands of visits every week so make sure to check back often if you want to buy or sell a synth.
Related forum topics
Are you looking to buy or sell a Clavia Nord Lead? Post an ad in Gear For Sale or a request in Gear Wanted. For spare parts and repair services check out Gear Services & Other Goods. Our forums also has a Buyer’s Guide section where you can ask for advice on buying synthesizers.
- The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace or post a wanted classified.
- Demos & Media
Audio Clip 1 - All kinds of impressive basslines, pads and sounds from this excellent synthesizer.
Manual - SRead or download the complete and original owner's manual (in PDF format).
- Polyphony - 4 to 12 voices, 4 part Multitimbral
- Oscillators - 2 VSM oscillators (triangle, sawtooth, pulse) and noise
- LFO - 2 LFO's (triangle, sawtooth, random) control OSC 1 or 2, filter, pulse-width, ADSR envelope
- Filter - 12 dB/oct 2-pole lowpass, 24dB/oct 4-pole lowpass / bandpass / highpass (both with cutoff, resonance, env amount, env velocity, key tracking, ADSR envelope)
- VCA - ADSR envelope and Amplifier Gain control
- Keyboard - 48 velocity sensitive keys
- Memory - 59 preset programs, 40 user, 100 performances
- Control - MIDI, and all knobs and controls are MIDI!
- Date Produced - 1995
- Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.