Clavia Nord Lead 2
The incredible Nord Lead synthesizer is taken a few steps further with the Nord Lead 2. It uses the same synthesis technology and sounds as good as the Nord Lead, but adds a few nice new touches. These features include a ring modulator, OSC 1 can sync with the white noise generator, increased LFO and arpeggiator waveforms and patterns, distortion in the squelchier punchier filter section and 4 individual outputs.
All the great sound, MIDI control and analog-like sound and design that made the Nord Lead famous return in this new and improved version. For those of you who do not need the 49 note velocity+aftertouch sensitive keyboard, there is a rack module version - the Nord Rack 2.
The Nord Lead 2 is the synthesizer of choice for many professionals including: The Crystal Method, Fatboy Slim, Nine Inch Nails, The Prodigy, Leftfield, Mike Oldfield, Front Line Assembly, KMFDM, Mirwais, Underworld, Jean Michel Jarre, Skinny Puppy, Depeche Mode, and A Guy Called Gerald.
- Demos & Media
Video 1 - A Nord Lead 2 Demo by Ares Kalogeropoulos
Video 2 - Nord Lead Rack 2 - Waterball - (What the Nord can be)
Audio Clip 1 - All kinds of impressive basslines, pads and sounds from this excellent synthesizer.
Manual - SRead or download the complete and original owner's manual (in PDF format).
- Polyphony - 16 Voices
- Oscillators - 2 VSM oscillators: sine, triangle, sawtooth, pulse and noise
- LFO - 2 LFO's (triangle, sawtooth, random) control OSC 1 or 2, filter, pulse-width, ADSR envelope
- Filter - 12 dB/oct 2-pole lowpass, 24dB/oct 4-pole lowpass / bandpass / highpass (both with cutoff, resonance, env amount, env velocity, key tracking, ADSR envelope)
- VCA - ADSR envelope and Amplifier Gain control
- Keyboard - 49 keys (velocity sensitive)
- Memory - 99 patches (59 preset, 40 user), 99 performances, 10 drum kits
- Control - MIDI (4 parts), and all knobs and controls are MIDI!
- Date Produced - 1997
- Resources & Credits
Images from Perfect Circuit Audio.
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.