Clavia Nord Lead 2
The incredible Nord Lead synthesizer is taken a few steps further with the Nord Lead 2. It uses the same synthesis technology and sounds as good as the Nord Lead, but adds a few nice new touches. These features include a ring modulator, OSC 1 can sync with the white noise generator, increased LFO and arpeggiator waveforms and patterns, distortion in the squelchier punchier filter section and 4 individual outputs.
All the great sound, MIDI control and analog-like sound and design that made the Nord Lead famous return in this new and improved version. For those of you who do not need the 49 note velocity+aftertouch sensitive keyboard, there is a rack module version - the Nord Rack 2.
The Nord Lead 2 is the synthesizer of choice for many professionals including: The Crystal Method, Fatboy Slim, Nine Inch Nails, The Prodigy, Leftfield, Mike Oldfield, Front Line Assembly, KMFDM, Mirwais, Underworld, Jean Michel Jarre, Skinny Puppy, Depeche Mode, and A Guy Called Gerald.
Check Clavia Nord Lead 2 Prices on eBay
The link above will take you to a search for this synth to see active listings with more images, specs and information. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace. Our marketplace gets thousands of visits every week so make sure to check back often if you want to buy or sell a synth.
Related forum topics
Are you looking to buy or sell a Clavia Nord Lead 2? Post an ad in Gear For Sale or a request in Gear Wanted. For spare parts and repair services check out Gear Services & Other Goods. Our forums also has a Buyer’s Guide section where you can ask for advice on buying synthesizers.
- The link above will take you to a search for this synth to see active listings. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace or post a wanted classified.
- Demos & Media
Audio Clip 1 - All kinds of impressive basslines, pads and sounds from this excellent synthesizer.
Manual - SRead or download the complete and original owner's manual (in PDF format).
- Polyphony - 16 Voices
- Oscillators - 2 VSM oscillators: sine, triangle, sawtooth, pulse and noise
- LFO - 2 LFO's (triangle, sawtooth, random) control OSC 1 or 2, filter, pulse-width, ADSR envelope
- Filter - 12 dB/oct 2-pole lowpass, 24dB/oct 4-pole lowpass / bandpass / highpass (both with cutoff, resonance, env amount, env velocity, key tracking, ADSR envelope)
- VCA - ADSR envelope and Amplifier Gain control
- Keyboard - 49 keys (velocity sensitive)
- Memory - 99 patches (59 preset, 40 user), 99 performances, 10 drum kits
- Control - MIDI (4 parts), and all knobs and controls are MIDI!
- Date Produced - 1997
- Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
- Resources & Credits
Images from Perfect Circuit Audio.
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.