The EK-22 is an analog polyphonic programmable synthesizer from Elka. Its cousin, the EK-44 is a digital and expanded version of the EK-22. Although the EK-22 is analog, the oscillators are digitally controlled (DCOs) for better stability and programmability. The keyboard can be split and there are 16 performance patches to store any split, tuning and patch settings. There are 64 preset and 32 user sound patches of purely Italian style analog synth sounds.
Oscillators are very programmable with syncing, individual tuning, level and modulations. There are two six-stage envelope generators for total control of dynamics. The EK-22 is a capable synth similar to the Prophet 600 in programmability but more like the Matrix 6 in its look and push button style programming interface. The EM-22 (pictured above) is a keyboard-less desktop module version of the EK-22.
Demos & Media
Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
- Guitar Center: Synths and MIDI
- Sweetwater: Hot items in Keyboars section
- The Musician's Friend: Keyboard gear
- AMS: Brand synths and accessories
- The Woodwind & Brasswind Store
- music123.com: Synth Blow Out Deal Section
- Shop Casio: Everything Casio
- zZounds: Keyboards and MIDI equipment
- Earphone Solutions: Wide variety of earphones