E-mu Audity 2000
The Audity 2000 takes its name from the classic and one-and-only Audity, but that's about it. Although, the Audity 2000 has the same synthesis architecture as the Proteus, and the Proteus's synth chips were designed with the original Audity in mind. The Audity 2000 is a digital synth with an unprecedented 16 simultaneous arpeggiators. That's great for trance and techno! With an emphasis on electronic groove music, the Audity 2000 offers up many dance type sounds but with an uncomfortable digital "tinny" overtone. Its 12-pole digital resonant filter is nice...but it's no Moog.
The Audity 2000 features 64-voice polyphony with six analog outputs and a S/PDIF digital output. Patch editing is tedious, but it uses a Modular PatchCord architecture (probably inspired by the designs and concepts in the synth from which it takes its name) for extreme sound-sculpting capabilities. Originally released in 1998 with version 1.0 software, subsequent upgrades including a 2.0 version finally led to the inception of the Xtreme Lead-1. The Audity 2000 has been used by ATB and The Crystal Method.
Check E-mu Audity 2000 Prices on eBay
The link above will take you to a search for this synth to see active listings with more images, specs and information. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace. Our marketplace gets thousands of visits every week so make sure to check back often if you want to buy or sell a synth.
Related forum topics
Are you looking to buy or sell a E-mu Audity 2000? Post an ad in Gear For Sale or a request in Gear Wanted. For spare parts and repair services check out Gear Services & Other Goods. Our forums also has a Buyer’s Guide section where you can ask for advice on buying synthesizers.
- The link above will take you to a search for this synth to see active listings. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace or post a wanted classified.
- Polyphony - 64 voices
- Oscillators - 32MB Sound ROM
- Effects - 2 Effects including Reverbs, Delay, Chorus, Phasers, etc.
- Filter - 12-Pole digital resonant and modeling filters
- Arpeggiator - 16 channel Rhythmic Pattern Generator / Arpeggiator (one per MIDI channel) with MID sync
- Keyboard - None
- Memory - 640 ROM, 256 user presets (4 layers per preset)
- Control - MIDI (16-parts)
- Date Produced - 1998 - 2000
- Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
- Resources & Credits
Images from E-mu Home Page.
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.