The ESI-4000 is a professional sampler at a breakthrough price! It's a 64 voice sampler with 4 MB sampling (expandable to 128 MB). The ESI-4000 is basically a fully upgraded ESI-32, with double the polyphony! There is a host of powerful DSP capabilities and sample editing tools including time compression and expansion, parametric EQ, and digital tuning, manual and automatic truncation, cross-fade looping, cut, copy, paste, normalization, transform multiply and automatic correlation for easy looping.
Well equipped for studio use, the ESI-4000 ships with 4 analog outputs and a standard built-in SCSI interface for easy integration with your computer, CD-ROM, and other storage media. The ESI-4000 is available in three varieties: Standard, Turbo, and Turbo Zip. The Turbo offers two additional stereo sub-outs, an effects stereo submix, two 24-bit stereo effects processors, and S/PDIF digital I/O. The Turbo Zip comes with all of the Turbo features and replaces the standard 3.5 inch floppy drive with an Iomega Zip drive. The Standard ESI-4000 can be upgraded using the ESI Turbo Option Kit. With its ability to grow with your needs, the ESI-4000 may be the only sampler you'll ever need to buy!
Lookup E-mu ESI-4000 Prices
The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings with more images, specs and information. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace. Our marketplace gets thousands of visits every week so make sure to check back often if you want to buy or sell a synth.
Related forum topics
Are you looking to buy or sell a E-mu ESI-4000? Post an ad in Gear For Sale or a request in Gear Wanted. For spare parts and repair services check out Gear Services & Other Goods. Our forums also has a Buyer’s Guide section where you can ask for advice on buying synthesizers.
- The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace or post a wanted classified.
- Demos & Media
Manual - Download the original owners manual here.
- Polyphony - 64 voices
- Sampler - 16-bit Sampling at 22.05 Khz and 44.1 Khz (analog); 32 Khz, 44.1 Khz, and 48 Khz via S/PDIF option, (18-bit A/D)
- Memory - 4 MB standard, expandable to 128 MB with 72 pin SIMMS.
- Filter - 64 digital 6-pole filters (19 different types)
- Effects - Optional Dual Stereo Effects Processors: Reverb, Delay, Chorus, Flange, Distortion and Vibrato, Doppler, Aphex Aural Exciter
- Keyboard - None
- Options - Turbo and Turbo ZIP Expansion Kits with 8 outputs, stereo-effects output, S/PDIF digital I/O, Internal SCSI Zip or Hard drive
- Control - MIDI
- Date Produced - 1998 - 2000
- Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
- Resources & Credits
Images from E-mu Home Page.
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.