The Morpheus has its claim to fame with the ability to "morph" sounds creating unique, evolving and intricate sounds with superb digital clarity. The Morpheus uses Z-Plane synthesis and filters. These are 14-pole filters that model and interpolate resonant sound characteristics. In other words, you can morph between different sounds and vary the balance of the morph between these sounds. Go from analog drones that fade into high strings, for example.
The Morpheus is a digital rackmount synthesizer. It features complete 16-channel MIDI implementation that can control most parameters as well. The Morpheus is also easy and intuitive to operate. This plus a dual effects processor and up to six individual outputs make this a professional synth worthy of professional studio work. From film scores to textural ambiences, the Morpheus and its new Z-Plane technology will satisfy you. It is used by Orbital, Astral Projection, Hardfloor, LTJ Bukem and Fluke.
Check E-mu Morpheus Prices on eBay
The link above will take you to a search for this synth to see active listings with more images, specs and information. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace. Our marketplace gets thousands of visits every week so make sure to check back often if you want to buy or sell a synth.
Related forum topics
Are you looking to buy or sell a E-mu Morpheus? Post an ad in Gear For Sale or a request in Gear Wanted. For spare parts and repair services check out Gear Services & Other Goods. Our forums also has a Buyer’s Guide section where you can ask for advice on buying synthesizers.
- The link above will take you to a search for this synth to see active listings. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace or post a wanted classified.
- Demos & Media
Manual - Download the original owners manual here.
- Polyphony - 32 voices
- Oscillators - 16-bit, 8 MB ROM samples (Expandable to 16MB), 18-bit output DACs
- Synthesis - Digital, Z-Plane, Acoustic-Simulation
- Filter - 32 14-Pole Interpolating Digital Filters employing 32-bit internal arithmetic; 198 programmed filter types
- Effects - 2 effects processors
- Keyboard - None
- Memory - Patches: 384 (128 RAM, 128 ROM, 128 Card); Performances: 16 internal, 16 external card
- Control - MIDI
- Date Produced - 1993
- Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
- Resources & Credits
Images from Perfect Circuit Audio.
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.