E-mu Vintage Pro
The Vintage Pro takes the concepts from the Vintage Keys and packages it in another great single-space rack module with the same features and capabilities as E-mu's Proteus 2000, Virtuoso 2000, Orbit 3, and Turbo Phatt sound modules. It comes full of classic synthesizer sounds of the '60's, '70's and '80's. This includes analog and digital synths, FM synths, Hammond organs, Wurlitzer EPs, etc. According to E-mu, there are over 30 classic keyboards from ARP to Yamaha within the sample-based ROM of the Vintage Pro for easy and authentic recreation and emulation of these sounds.
It features 128-voice polyphony and 32 MIDI channels allowing it to handle even your most complex MIDI sequences. It ships with a whopping 32 MB of sample ROM memory which is expandable up to 128 MB using the internal ROM slots! The sounds it ships with are from the brand-new "Classic Keyboards" sound-set, offering you 1,536 presets (1,024 ROM, 512 user). You can shape and edit these sounds with over 100 synthesis parameters per preset! There are E-mu's expressive multi-mode resonant filters on-board, plus four real-time controls allow you to access any of up to 12 parameters, giving you instant control over your sounds right from the front-face of the module. You'll also find two sets of extra outputs, digital output and another MIDI port as well.
Current E-mu sound modules ship with one 32 MB sound-set each, but are expandable up to 128 MB via three additional slots for 32 MB expansion cards. The Vintage Pro ships with the "Classic Keyboards" sound-set which features actual samples from the Hammond B-3, Wurlitzer EP, Fender Rhodes, Hohner Clavinet, Farfisa, Mellotron, Moogs, Prophets, Oberheim OBX, Jupiter, Juno, 808, 909, ARPs, DX7, CP70, Matrix, SH101, TB303, E-mu Modular, Fairlight, and many more. Other cards include (ranging from $249 to $395):
- 9061: Siedlaczek Orchestra 32 MB ROM.
- 9062: Pure Phatt 32 MB ROM - standard in Mo’Phatt, MP-7 and MK-6.
- 9063: Beat Garden 32 MB ROM - standard in Orbit 3.
- 9082: Protozoa 16 MB ROM - standard in Proteus 1, 2, 3.
- 9083: Definitive B-3 32 MB ROM - standard in B-3.
- 9084: Techno Synth Construction Yard 32 MB ROM - standard in Orbit 3.
- 9085: Orchestral Session Vol. 1 32 MB ROM - standard in Virtuoso 2000.
- 9086: Orchestral Session Vol. 2 32 MB ROM - standard in Virtuoso 2000.
- 9087: World Expedition 32 MB ROM - standard in Planet Earth.
- 9088: Sounds of the ZR featuring the Perfect Piano 32 MB ROM - standard in Ensoniq Halo.
- 9089: X-Lead 32 MB ROM - standard in Xtreme Lead-1, XL-7 and XK-6.
Lookup E-mu Vintage Pro Prices
The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings with more images, specs and information. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace. Our marketplace gets thousands of visits every week so make sure to check back often if you want to buy or sell a synth.
Related forum topics
Are you looking to buy or sell a E-mu Vintage Pro? Post an ad in Gear For Sale or a request in Gear Wanted. For spare parts and repair services check out Gear Services & Other Goods. Our forums also has a Buyer’s Guide section where you can ask for advice on buying synthesizers.
- The link above will take you to an eBay search for this synth to see active listings. If you don't find it there, try looking in our forum marketplace or post a wanted classified.
- Polyphony - 128 voices
- Oscillators - 32MB ROM "Classic Keyboards" Sound Set (expandable to 128 MB), four 16-bit DACs per voice
- LFO - 17 types including tri, saw, random
- Filter - 128 (50 types including hi,low bandpass with resonance) per voice
- Effects - dual stereo-effects processor with 29 reverbs types, 15 delay types, 8 chorus types, 7 flange types, 5 distortion types
- Keyboard - None
- Memory - 1536 Presets (1024 ROM, 512 RAM)
- Control - MIDI (32 multitimbral parts)
- Date Produced - 2002
- Shop for Keyboards, MIDI & Gear
- Resources & Credits
Images from E-mu Home Page.
Errors or Corrections? Send them here.