Akai VX90 or Crumar(LEM) Bit 01?

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.

Akai VX90 or Crumar(LEM) Bit 01?

Postby japan » Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:45 pm

Akai VX90 or Crumar(LEM) Bit 01? I was thinking to buy both, but, if I only could buy only ONE, what should it be? please, i need some advice.

Japan.-
"the simple life is no longer there..."
japan

Advertisement:

Postby calyx93 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:11 pm

Hard to choose, but if I had to, it would be the Bit 01 - only because you'll get more satisfying pads and chords from it. Bit 01= 2 osc. VS VX90=1 osc. The VX has to reduce polyphony to three notes for dual oscillator sounds - not fun (but I have heard of a sub-oscillator mod). The Bit unfortunately does not allow for filter FM and LFO PWM, only velocity to PWM IIRC, nor does it feature a unison mode like the VX or earlier Bit synths (One and 99). It does do nice splits and layers, though - and can save those configurations as performances.

After reading your posts for some months now, it seems as you've been wanting a pad machine, and the Bit is quite nice like that. The VX, to me, is more of a raw, electro machine.
“I have stretched ropes from steeple to steeple; garlands from window to window; golden chains from star to star, and I dance.” - Rimbaud
calyx93

Gear: PPG Wave 2.2, Waldorf μWave, Roland JP6+V-Synth, SCI P5+600, Moog LP-TE, E-mu EII, Emax 1+2, Kawai SX-240+K-3, Korg DW8000, Ensoniq Mirage +more

Postby clubbedtodeath » Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:57 pm

Japan,

Do some research first, please. Asking questions like "Synth X or Y -- which should I go for"? are meaningless without giving us some proper context. It's also a little insulting, because it makes it seems as if you want other VSE members to do all the hard work for you.

Use the search function, and you'll find

Useful topics such as these:
http://www.vintagesynth.org/phpBB2/view ... hp?t=27975

Also remember Google is an incredibly useful tool.

Thanks
clubbedtodeath
No Longer Registered

Return to General Synthesizers