About the Forums
There are several forums in which you can post - please try to post in the appropriate forum. They are listed below:
- General Synthesizers - is for the discussion of synthesisers or related instruments only. Discussion of drum machines, electronic keyboards (EPs etc), organs or any other keyboards is permitted but anything else should go in the appropriate forum.
- Software Synthesizers - if it runs on a PC, Mac or other computer, it goes in here!
- Samplers - any sampler-related talk should go in this dedicated Samplers forum.
- HELP! - technical, repair or other problems? Try in here as it is frequented by many people 'in the know'!
- Buyer's Guide - Looking for advice on what to buy? Ask here.
- Synth Shoot Outs - to compare synths in a 'vs' thread.
- Gear For Sale/Gear Wanted - for your sales and wants.
- Listening Lounge - show off your tunes or discuss music and albums in here!
- Sound Production - advice on effects, amps, monitors, outboard and general recording and production tips. Anything that occurs between the synth and your ears, basically.
- Off-Topic - for randomness, band talk, politics, etc.
Please don't post material in General Synthesizers which should have gone elsewhere, just because it is the most popular part of the forum. Posting Off-Topic threads in General Synths will be moved to a more appropriate subforum, keeping the place tidy.
- Starting Multiple Threads. Don't bombard the forum with multiple new threads. Try limiting yourself to one or two new threads a day - there is finite space on the forum and for every new thread, an old one dies. Try using the Search function before starting your own thread.
- Research - Sadly there are too many threads asking questions which could be answered with minimal effort - try a Google search, or checking out manufacturers websites. Before any of this... try reading the manual!!
- Spam - VSE Synth Forums is not the place to advertise your services or upcoming gigs. Such threads will be deleted.
- Personal Attacks & Trolling - these won't be tolerated, please be nice! State your opinion by all means, but don't attack others because of theirs.
- Offering 'Advice' - don't advise on instruments that you haven't owned, or used to some extent. Many people come to VSE for advice when considering a purchase: they don't need bad advice. You might be trying to be helpful, but bad advice could result in someone buying the wrong instrument -- and wasting their money.
- No bumping threads! - Add something useful or new to an old discussion by all means, but don't bump them without adding anything, just to get your thread read. Note: Bumping threads is only allowed in the classifieds section for the sole purpose of renewing your ads.
- Disciplinary Measures - Anyone disrupting the harmony of the forum will be subject to disciplinary measures. This can vary from public warnings, temporary 'cool off' bans and in severe cases, permanent bans (this rarely happens).
- Only ONE account is allowed! - Anyone posting from more than one VSE user account will be prompted to choose one and the other(s) will be removed. This has always been an unwritten rule, but one worth mentioning here.
- Only ONE username is allowed - We will not change your username. Your username defines who you are here, and if we allowed username changes, it would be hard for the members to keep track of who anybody was. So you will be stuck with your username, but can always use your avatar and/or signatures to modify your VSE persona.
USE THE SEARCH - the information you seek could already be here!!
VSE SEARCH - CLICK ME!!
Avatars - Users are permitted to utilize a gallery avatar or to link to one of their own. User defined avatars are to be no larger than 140 pixels wide by 200 pixels high, may not exceed 20KiB (20000 Bytes) in filesize and have a consistently high availability (i.e. links to images on slow servers or those prone to failure may be removed). Avatars are subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, and so forth. Users abusing these rules will be warned and/or may lose their avatar privileges.
Signatures - may contain up to five lines of text (of small or normal size) and/or one image. No embedded plug-in links either such as from Soundcloud, Ebay, Youtube or other video sites. Text in signatures is subject to the same conditions as posts with respect decency, warez, emoticons, and so forth. Links in signatures are permitted to a maximum of four unique pages or sites. You may not link to warez, p**n, racist or other similar hate sites. Users abusing these rules will be warned.
Accounts - Please do not ask the Moderators or Admins to close/cancel your account. We will not delete any users account unless we believe them to be a SPAM account or in flagrant disregard of the forum rules. If for any reason you no longer wish to be an active member here, just stop logging in and/or visiting the forum, but please do not ask us to delete your account.
For those with trouble reading, here is a short Public Service Announcement:
How to Behave on an Internet Forum
Unpleasantness over - enjoy your time on VSE!!