Customer experiences with Sequential Wine Country

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.

Customer experiences with Sequential Wine Country

Postby Sorcerio » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:36 pm

Please let me know what your experiences are with Sequential Wine Country. Their site seems a little rag-tag. I need to order new OS chips for my P600 and Drumtraks. Do they send stuff out quickly? Ever ran into problems of them not having things in stock that are "available" on their site?

Thanks.
Sorcerio

Advertisement:

Re: Customer experiences with Sequential Wine Country

Postby pangmaster » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:11 pm

I've had great service from Wine Country. I had to send in a Six-Trak that needed repair, and they did an excellent job. I did not order parts from them separately from the repair job, but I would expect the service to be just as good for that. They're quite friendly folks, too, so shoot them an email if you have questions about stock.

Cheers!
"To be human, to be fully human, is to need music and to derive nourishment from the music you hear." - Bob Moog
pangmaster
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: Voyager, PEK, A6, FIZ, Six-Trak, Juno, CZ, and other stuff

Postby wiss » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:05 pm

I've had nothing but excellect experiences with them.
"All we used was the explosion and the orchestra hit. The Fairlight was a $100,000 waste of space."
wiss
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: it's all being sold to fund new gear

Postby minime123 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:56 pm

ive heard excellent things about them. the only complaints ive heard have been from people who expect them to charge less for their services or give out repair information for free. as long as you realize that theyre a business and need to make a living, you should be fine.
VINTAGE SYNTH DEALER
- Buy / Sell / Trade
- We Buy Broken Gear & Parts Too...
- Huge Selection, Dependable Service
- http://www.123synthland.com (redirects)
minime123

Postby otto » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:47 pm

One semi-negative response. I bought a P-600 that had been serviced very recently by Wine Country. When it arrived and I first turned it on it seemed to be experiencing the voice problem. I was a bit freaked out cause I thought I had possibly been sold a defective synth so I immediately called Wine Country. I knew since the warrenty was non-transferable nothing was free but when I asked a couple questions about the possible problem the guy got a bit weird and IMO rude telling me it could be a lot of things and when a voice goes out lots of other stuff is damaged, won't be a simple fix, must send it in, etc. He wouldn't let me buy a chip (even though they sell them on their web sight... WTF?) It felt like I was talking to a shitty car repair shop that rapes you on a simple fix. Got off the phone turned the synth off and back on and have not had the problem since. It appears to me there was some glitch in the initial tuning after shipping but everything has worked fine since. Got a lot more helpful information from people on VSE and if it had been a voice problem I could have probably fixed it for less than the cost of shipping it back and forth. I can understand them not wanting to tell a tech or anyone else how to fix their synth but when the synth was restored by them and very recently I might add, I think they could be a bit more helpful.
hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
otto
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Postby juantwothree » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:55 pm

Just bought a cem3394 from them - and overall it was a good experience. The guy I talked to humored me when I asked a couple of noob MIDI q's before I even committed to buying anything.

Only thing was that the site said the IC was $45 but actual price was $75 - the site hadn't been updated since 2003. So they are still around and doing what people need them to do, but if you are looking for something I suggest giving a call instead of browsing the site.
juantwothree

Postby xpander » Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:13 am

be sure to try analogsynthservice.com for the chips, too. incidentally, i live less than three miles from Wine Country Sequential, but i've never used them for anything.
xpander
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Gear: UltraProteus, Xpander, 200e, Minimoogs, Radias, Prophet VS, PolyEvolver, Arp 2600

Postby Altitude » Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:04 pm

I have had excellent service from them and they were always very help with technical quaetions
Altitude
Expert Member
Expert Member

Postby Huppo » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:58 pm

I got an OEM replacement pot and knob from them for a Pro-One which was shipped very quickly. I ordered through the website and never talked to anyone on the phone.

I also needed Pratt-Reed key bushings at the same time but WCS price for the bushings was ridiculously high. I got them from synthdoctorin or something to that effect. IIRC WCS set of bushings for the P1 would have been about $75. I got them for more like $20 from the synthdoctorin person. I also tried to order a replacement key for the same synth from that guy and he sent me something totally wrong, then made a buch of excuses for why it was wrong and told me to use it anyway.... :roll:
~huppo

Please feel free to add me to your Foes list.
Huppo

Gear: V-synth, AN1X, Fusion 6HD, HPD10, MP-7, Micron, 50+ guitars, etc.
Band: naught

Return to General Synthesizers