Octave Kitten

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.

Re: Octave Kitten

Postby WhinyLittleRunt » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:24 pm

plikestechno wrote:Ugh...not terribly reassuring...

And obviously wanted to mention that I'm reffering to my VCO1 being faulty in the previous post.

Exactly. The problem we're having right now is also no output audio from VCO2. Trust me, we tried swapping chips all over that board, ordered new ones and just did a "plug and play" diagnostic. Nothing got it working. Our tech stepped in and determined something has probably failed before the oscillator section but he's not sure. As simple a design it may look, it's apparently very complicated...
http://officialmikethompson.blogspot.com
gear: oberheim ob-8 | moog micromoog | moog opus 3 | yamaha s90es | yamaha dx-7 mk I | arp omni-2 | 82 rhodes mark II stage | wurlitzer 200a | hammond m-100
WhinyLittleRunt

Gear: oberheim ob-8 | moog micromoog | moog opus-3 | yamaha s90es | yamaha dx-7 mkI | arp omni-2 | 1982 rhodes mkII stage | wurlitzer 200a | hammond m-100

Advertisement:

Re: Octave Kitten

Postby AstroDan » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:59 pm

It could very well be a million things, but when OSC 2 was out on mine it turned out to be a loose calibration pot (the internal pot directly above the VCO 2 Modulation Depth right knob).

I think the signal goes through so many of the pots, switches and sliders; if there's a bad connection on any switch it will kill the entire signal and there's a lot of switches. Sort of like the old school Christmas light chain where if one bulb went out, they all went.
Too futurist to live.
AstroDan

Previous

Return to General Synthesizers