KORG KARMA - Selling Advice

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.

KORG KARMA - Selling Advice

Postby agent_cooper » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:58 pm

Hi Guys,

I'm after some synth-wisdom. I bought a KARMA about two years back. It's a great synth but these days I find myself being drawn to MIDI Controllers. I'd like to pick up a new controller and some snappy new DAW software (looking at Reason at the moment, after being highly recommended by my synth friends).

The only way I can afford this new venture is if I sell my KARMA. I need your suggestions. Is it worth the sell? How much would one get for a KARMA these days (it's in A+ condition)? Will I regret it in a few years time?

I'm not a pro user by any form. I like the idea of getting a nice little 49-key setup and having some software to really master and get some nice pads/beats going.

Any suggestions and insights are welcomed. Thanks in advance.
agent_cooper

Advertisement:

Re: KORG KARMA - Selling Advice

Postby axelmc » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:41 am

a good condition karma could sell at 700 usd in ebay. A price to sell would be around 500.

cheers,
axelmc
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: EMS SYNTHI AKS, OSC OSCAR, SQC STUDIO 440, MUTRONICS MUTATOR, EBBE UND FLUT, DSI TEMPEST, DSI PROPHET 08, KORG MONOPOLY, CHROMA POLARIS,

Postby Ashe37 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:08 am

I'd recommend a copy of REAPER ($65) and a bunch of free softsynths over Reason.

I paid $425 for my KARMA and traded it for a Blofeld once i got my M3. You can *price* it for $700 on Ebay but it isn't going to sell at that price. $500 or under.
Ashe37

Gear: Ensoniq SD-1/32,SQR,VFX,ESQm
Virus Indigo, M3-61 , MS2000BR, Volca Bass
Emu XL-7, Matrix 6r
TG-33, K3m, Blofeld, Micron, Mopho, Bass Station II
Band: Eridani V

Postby agent_cooper » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:25 am

thanks for the quick feedback guys.

I'll have a think about it and probably post it later on this evening.

My only rel reservation was the fact that I may miss it later on in life. I don't want to be like the guy who sold his 77 Fender Jazz bass when he was young and now he's smacking himself over the head in regret :P

@Ashe37 - thanks for the advice. So you're advising that purchasing Reason should go hand in hand with Reaper as well? Any reasons behind that decision? I'm a newbie to the DAW game. Thanks ;)
agent_cooper

Postby Ashe37 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:46 am

I'm saying that REAPER (which is an actual DAW) and a bunch of free or inexpensive softsynths would be a better choice than Reason.
Ashe37

Gear: Ensoniq SD-1/32,SQR,VFX,ESQm
Virus Indigo, M3-61 , MS2000BR, Volca Bass
Emu XL-7, Matrix 6r
TG-33, K3m, Blofeld, Micron, Mopho, Bass Station II
Band: Eridani V

Postby agent_cooper » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:51 am

oh right - sorry i didn't see the word 'over' in your original post *head-smack* thanks for clarifying :P
agent_cooper

Return to General Synthesizers