Moog Little Phatty Discontinued

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.

Re: Moog Little Phatty Discontinued

Postby Sir Nose » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:58 am

I would like to see the next inline to have a much more flexible modulation routing.
Funkadelic wrote:nothing is good unless you play with it
all that is good is nasty
Sir Nose

Gear: Machinedrum, Octatrack, Moog LP, x0xb0x, Elka Solist 505, Simmons SDS-400

Advertisement:

Postby Hybrid88 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:15 pm

I would like to see if they can milk their current line any further while still avoiding doing a Poly, Modular or Drum Machine...

If they do another custom purple studded, african wooded, fashizzle endowed Voyager I think I'll lose it :lol:
Hybrid88
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Gear: V-Synth, and other stuff.

Postby tomorrowstops » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:54 pm

They would be silly to keep avoiding the modern analog poly market. They gotta have something up their sleeve....
tomorrowstops
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Postby Kenneth » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:13 pm

Black Tomorrow wrote:
Kenneth wrote:They pretty much have a monopoly on that market right now.

Is Korg getting royalties from DSI? :lol:

Korg does not have an analog poly synth on the market right now. I think I made pretty clear what I meant, so I'm not sure how you misinterpreted my comment.
Kenneth

Gear: Voyager. JP-8000. Microbrute. Monotribe. Machinedrum
Band: Glacier Academy

Postby Kenneth » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:15 pm

Hybrid88 wrote:I would like to see if they can milk their current line any further while still avoiding doing a Poly, Modular or Drum Machine...

If they do another custom purple studded, african wooded, fashizzle endowed Voyager I think I'll lose it :lol:

They will. They have to come up with something to give Bernie Worrell for his birthday this year.
Kenneth

Postby salwa » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:03 pm

Kenneth wrote:
Black Tomorrow wrote:
Kenneth wrote:They pretty much have a monopoly on that market right now.

Is Korg getting royalties from DSI? :lol:

Korg does not have an analog poly synth on the market right now. I think I made pretty clear what I meant, so I'm not sure how you misinterpreted my comment.

Umm.. I think it was a joke. You know, Korg Mono/Poly...
Casio CZ-1, Elektronika EM-25, Yamaha TX81Z, Roland JV-2080, Novation KS-rack, Korg Poly 800, Casio SK-1, Casio SK-8, Vermona E-piano, Akai S2000, Roland SP 404, Roland TR 505, Yamaha MR 10, Yamaha RX 7 and more
https://www.facebook.com/DOMmusicpl
salwa

Postby bochelli » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:48 pm

if they wish to remain a market must be creative the LP in time will dissolve away there is no longer the shock and awe they used to be folks have wised up and with good reason meanwhile jurasic rogues are selling on ebay uk
yamoto773
bochelli
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: minimoog polymoog memorymoog multimoog micromoog minitmoog and tons more.

Postby Hybrid88 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:14 pm

Guess we'll be seeing more of this then :lol:

Hybrid88
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Gear: V-Synth, and other stuff.

Postby calaverasgrande » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:11 pm

JackAstro wrote:Whatever Moog does do next, I really hope they pick a better name than "Phatty".

seriously. "The Chronic" was 20 years ago. This 2nd hand ghetto slang sounds silly when regular folks use it. Even more so when it's an MI manufacturer. Besides, if it's not ghetto slang it's hippie slang. And we all hate the hippies right?

Though to be honest, Moog has always had corny names.
Taurus?
Source?
Prodigy?

Either way, now I HAVE to buy a Phatty while I can still get one new. I was going to get one anyway. Since I picked up the Taurus III I have really clicked with the Moog approach to multi-function controls.

I am hoping the sub-phatty is not the replacement for the Little Phatty. I wish we would get something with less emphasis on the 'timbre du jour' and more flexibility.
A poly would be great but they would have to charge quite a pretty penny for it.

ps I just wish we could get one more revision of the MP201 OS.
Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with all thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave
calaverasgrande

Gear: MG1, MP201, MF101, MF102, MF105m, Taurus 3, SH09, KPR-77, Poly 61, Dark Energy, X0Xb0x, Dronelab, Atari Punk, Synsonics Drums, MDM MK I, Volcas
Band: N.S.V.

Postby calaverasgrande » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:16 pm

Solderman wrote:... on a forum meant exclusively for giving people GAS for overpriced toys that will be collecting dust 3 months after purchase and to post their tracks that nobody ever listens to?

ouch...too true of too many of us.

For the record, my band plays out, even if only once or twice a year.
But I am a collector nerd as well.
Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with all thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave
calaverasgrande

Gear: MG1, MP201, MF101, MF102, MF105m, Taurus 3, SH09, KPR-77, Poly 61, Dark Energy, X0Xb0x, Dronelab, Atari Punk, Synsonics Drums, MDM MK I, Volcas

Postby c-level » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:33 pm

calaverasgrande wrote:
JackAstro wrote:Whatever Moog does do next, I really hope they pick a better name than "Phatty".

seriously. "The Chronic" was 20 years ago. This 2nd hand ghetto slang sounds silly when regular folks use it. Even more so when it's an MI manufacturer. Besides, if it's not ghetto slang it's hippie slang. And we all hate the hippies right?

Though to be honest, Moog has always had corny names.
Taurus?
Source?
Prodigy?

Either way, now I HAVE to buy a Phatty while I can still get one new. I was going to get one anyway. Since I picked up the Taurus III I have really clicked with the Moog approach to multi-function controls.

I am hoping the sub-phatty is not the replacement for the Little Phatty. I wish we would get something with less emphasis on the 'timbre du jour' and more flexibility.
A poly would be great but they would have to charge quite a pretty penny for it.

ps I just wish we could get one more revision of the MP201 OS.

is jam still in?

how about the moog little custy/custie?

thats all we are here anyways custies begging for the next new piece to throw money at
c-level

Gear: Juno106, JX10, JX8P, JX3P, MKS50, SY22, SH201, Micromoog, CP 251, Korg Legacy, Triton Rack, Ableton 9, APC40, Max/MSP, Focusrite Pro40, Jazz Bass.
Band: C-Level

Postby Blue Monster 65 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:06 pm

Hmm ... A Moog drum machine would catch my attention!
Muhahahahahahahahaha!
Blue Monster 65
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Postby Rick N Boogie » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:19 pm

I love Moog gear, and have owned 2 Little Phatties as well as several Foogers. The thing that always gets me though, is the lack of any real modulation choices. One LFO and zero extra EG's leaves you with little room to make it sound interesting. If you get the CV out mod, I suppose that would open up some possibilities, but it's an "upgrade" just to get that.
Whatever they choose to do, I'm hoping some of these issues are addressed, and they make a synth more comparable to what DSI offers in even their low end machines, like MoPho.
Bassist, synth junkie
Rick N Boogie

Gear: MEK/Blofeld/Phatty
Basses/synth fx galore
Band: no.one.won

Postby calaverasgrande » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:30 pm

it would be nice to have a state variable filter for one. Low pass only gets boring.
calaverasgrande

Postby Kenneth » Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:58 am

calaverasgrande wrote:it would be nice to have a state variable filter for one. Low pass only gets boring.

The switchable dual lowpass and highpass filters in the Voyager are fantastic. It would be cool to see them implemented in a smaller, economy priced synth. The Moog Traveler. Or the Moog Wayfarer.
Kenneth

PreviousNext

Return to General Synthesizers