Future Retro Mondovox

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.

Re: Future Retro Mondovox

Postby phesago » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:16 pm

I think this thing is awesome. It will go well with my xpander, my nord lead 4 as well as a few other things. Considering getting 3 second hand minibrutes to see if itll make sweet chords. The minibrute does some pretty great high end sounds, and I think it will be decent. THough most likely I will end up selling them after I get bored with them :lol:
Time for updates: pro-1 x2, Xpander, 808, mopho, SEM, PolyE, Voyager, Fr-Revo x2, XS, DRM MK3, KP3x2, mf104z x2, mf105m, mf103, space/time-factor, t3, nord g1..(plus other effects/sequencers/samplers and other shit).
phesago
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: tech nine, bag of coke, an erection and a hostage

Advertisement:

Postby tamla » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:46 pm

definitely want one of these, got so many random things I could "poly-up" for a laugh
tamla

Gear: Nord G2 Engine, Roland VariOS, custom Akai MPC2000XL, Akai S612, Korg TR-Rack, Korg Prophecy, Oakley Filtrex 2

Postby ColorForm2113 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:18 am

im surprised nobody mentioned this. Mondovox + 16 Volcas (keys or bass) = super cheap analog poly with 3 VCO per voice
My modular so far: Q104, Q106, Q107, Q108, Q109 x2 , Q116, Q118, Q127 w/Q140, Q130, STG Wave Folder, playing with Moog Voyager, VX-351, CP-251, MF-104M (x2 STEREO!) Beat Step and Volca Beats
ColorForm2113

Gear: tin cans and rubber bands
Band: Me twiddling in the corner...

Postby disorderly » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:51 pm

I've registered here purely to post this, though I do have a fair collection of synths old & new, analogue & digital, & a truckload of hardware sequencers.

when I read about the mondovox, the first thing that occurred to me was NOT how to hook up multiple monosynths to make a polysynth; the market is, after all, pretty saturated.

no, what I bought the mondovox for, & what it does very well, is to distribute a polyphonic chord across several channels, a note to each, so that I can build orchestral arrangements quickly using a keyboard.
for example, today I have the thing set up to send on five channels... channel one is a double-bass doubled with cello. channel two is cello on its own. channel three is viola. four & five are violin.
now, if I play a left-hand bass part & a chord with the right hand, I have an instant string-section. this is a huge improvement on just dialling in 'string section' & playing block chords without any regard to the individual voicings.

another trick is to set up the synth module (a proteus with the orchestral roms) with different ensemble patches on six-eight channels; strings, brass, woods, variations of each... then set the mondovox to use these patches randomly. for any given chord- one hand or two- the voicing will be different each time the chord is played.
it sounds magnificent, & inspires hours of playing/writing, when the same sounds are lifeless without this randomisation.

if this sells a single unit more for jered, my work is done. :D
disorderly

Postby phesago » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:03 am

^ best post in this thread
Time for updates: pro-1 x2, Xpander, 808, mopho, SEM, PolyE, Voyager, Fr-Revo x2, XS, DRM MK3, KP3x2, mf104z x2, mf105m, mf103, space/time-factor, t3, nord g1..(plus other effects/sequencers/samplers and other shit).
phesago
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: tech nine, bag of coke, an erection and a hostage

Postby Sensory » Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:10 pm

Love the chord memory feature—this would save a lot of time multitracking. 300 seems more then reasonable for the feature set and flexibility.
Sensory

Previous

Return to General Synthesizers