Alesis Ion or Alesis micron?

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.

Alesis Ion or Alesis micron?

Postby michaelmerik » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:49 pm

I currently own a micron but am slowly finding that i don't use it for what it was intended to do. Instead I find myself wanting more control ability on the front panel. I don't really use the pattern and phrase part of the machine mainly and feel that I may be wasting its potential. Should I maybe just forgo this synth that i do enjoy and maybe trade it for an Ion and just be done with it. I like the layout of the Ion and it has all the function I need. Some one help me out here I hate to get rid of the micron but I think it might be the right idea.
michaelmerik

Gear: Alesis Micron, custom modular system, Siel dk80, digitech dsp 128, various string instruments

Advertisement:

Re: Alesis Ion or Alesis micron?

Postby Darkseid » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:00 pm

I have owned both of them, more recently the ion. If you don't use the patterns and set ups and want a more hands on interface then it's a no brainer. I did hate the keyboard on the ion though, in my opinion it felt awful. Seen a few ions on ebay recently going for around the £300 mark.
Darkseid

Return to General Synthesizers