Triadex Muse software sequencer & Future Retro Zillion

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.

Triadex Muse software sequencer & Future Retro Zillion

Postby Hallu » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:12 am

The Triadex Muse has an amazing sequencer.

1) I know there is a software MIDI sequencer based off of the Triadex algorithm, does anyone happen to remember its name? I found it stumbling about a short while back, but can't seem to find it through search.

2) Future Retro has the Zillion. Anyone interested? Any comparison to other recent devices like the MI MidiPAL?
Hallu

Advertisement:

Re: Triadex Muse software sequencer & Future Retro Zillion

Postby jaypodesta » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:37 am

Was liking the look of this

http://www.fyrd-instruments.com/MTRX

Watch on youtube.com
jaypodesta

Postby ppg_wavecomputer » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:57 pm

Strictly speaking, the Muse doesn´t have a "sequencer" -- it has a couple of switches that can be combined in numerous ways to produce unpredictable strings of pitches, arranged in patterns of varying length, based on the output of logic modules, shift registers, and mojo. It is not exactly pitched, and if so, it isn´t always musically useful. The Muse delivers more arbitrary results, the approach to "programming" is a rather aleatoric one. It is improtant to wear goggles and a white coat when programming it -- I am sure it would make a fun episode starring Professor Bunsen Honeydew and Beaker ("... where the future is being made today.").

The video isn´t exactly representing the Muse´s features -- you cannot determine pitch exactly and have it played back by the machine. Still a nice tool, though. Looks fun.

Stephen
"Like the light from distant stars, Stephen Parsick's music has existed for some time, but is only now reaching us on Earth." -- Chuck van Zyl / Star´s End
ppg_wavecomputer

Gear: brain
Band: ['ramp]

Postby CZ Rider » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:16 am

The Triadex Muse Simulator for Windows was one of the software versions. There was the original version 1.1 and a newer upgraded 1.2 version. I have used both versions many times and they sound interesting driving my Moog.
Here are a few of the links:
Original Muse owners manual scan
Original Muse programing guide
Original version 1.1 Muse Simulator software page
Newest version 2.1 page with links

The software is a little glitchy and when changing sliders can hiccup. I will usually just MIDI record a nice sequence and fix the glitches in a MIDI editor. Fun software and probably more usefull than the original as this one outputs MIDI and can drive any synthesizer with MIDI or MIDI to CV/gate.
CZ Rider

Return to General Synthesizers