Mutronics Mutator MIDI Capabilities

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.

Mutronics Mutator MIDI Capabilities

Postby Rumbler101 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:44 pm

Hi,

I was reading the manual on the Mutronics Mutator but I'm not quite sure what the MIDI IN, THRU and BASE CHANNEL features do. I was thinking that MIDI IN and THRU was for the syncing of the LFO via a MASTER but I'm not sure if that is correct. If I had one of these things I'd experiment and figure it out for myself but these are quite rare these days and they go for exorbitant prices.

Also, I'm unsure of what the BASE CHANNEL does exactly, could anyone enlighten me on that also please?

Thanks.

The link to the manual is here for reference (P.3):
http://www.mutronics.co.uk/multimedia/manual.pdf
Rumbler101

Advertisement:

Re: Mutronics Mutator MIDI Capabilities

Postby skunk3 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:27 pm

I would assume that the base channel would refer to the MIDI channel that the Mutator responds to. MIDI in and thru would be exactly what you think they are. As far as what is midi controllable, I guess you could just Google the manual.
skunk3

Gear: ESX, MPC 2500, EPS16+, TX16w, TX81z, Micro Q, Microbrute, Bass Station 2, MS-20 Mini, Nord Lead 2, Machinedrum, D-50, QS7.1, loads of effects...
Band: Purplewave

Postby skunk3 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:27 pm

Nevermind, you already have the manual. I dunno what is unclear here. :S
skunk3

Gear: ESX, MPC 2500, EPS16+, TX16w, TX81z, Micro Q, Microbrute, Bass Station 2, MS-20 Mini, Nord Lead 2, Machinedrum, D-50, QS7.1, loads of effects...
Band: Purplewave

Postby Rumbler101 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:29 pm

Lemme rephrase, on a MIDI keyboard to control these two channels on the mutator would you only have the ability to control one channel on the Mutator at a time? If you were to select the Base Channel as 1 this would give you the ability to control Channel 1 and 2 (on the Mutator) by selecting either MIDI Channel 1 or 2 on the keyboard right? So you'd only have the ability to control one channel at a time on the Mutator and not both at the same time?
Rumbler101

Return to General Synthesizers