Korg Polysix MIDI Options

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.

Korg Polysix MIDI Options

Postby Gavin Harrison » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:06 pm

Hi All,

I've finally got my hands on a Polysix after a while of looking. Fortunately the battery mod was done many years back so amazingly the main board is corrosion free...generally after a service everything should be good to go!

So, whilst in for a service I'm going to get MIDI fitted, it's something I'd want to do eventually so it makes sense to do it now. I'm not fussed about controlling the filter etc, I'm happy to do that in real time whilst tracking. What I would like to do is to sync the arpeggiater to host tempo and transit pitch bend and modulation.

Ideally I'd like MIDI in and out but I'm open to options as cost may come into it! So does anyone have any tried and tested recommendations?

Thanks in advance!
Gavin.
Gavin Harrison

Advertisement:

Re: Korg Polysix MIDI Options

Postby tomorrowstops » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:44 pm

I haven't installed it yet, as I'm waiting for my battery board to be rehav'd - but http://tubbutec.de has an affordable, easy to install, full of features kit!

Other than that its the Kiwisix rig or I believe a Kenton one.
tomorrowstops
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Postby pflosi » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:39 am

For syncing the arpeggiator, you just need an in-time s-trigger... The MS20 ESP can convert anything to s-trigger, for example. That way, you could theoretically go for a very simple midi interface, but AFAIR most of them for the P6 are rather full-featured anyways...

I'd love to have a sustain pedal input, which the Tubbutec gives you... One day I'm gonna do it too.
pflosi
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Gear: more than 150 characters...

Postby Gavin Harrison » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:47 am

I was looking at this, which I realise doesn't have a MIDI out but otherwise does cover what I think I need…anyone have experience of these kits?

http://www.chd-el.cz/index.php?id=399&lngid=en
Gavin Harrison

Postby sam » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:56 pm

I fit these all THE time... Very good.
Lam memorymoog.Sonic six.CS30.Roland SH-5..Vp330 mk1.system 101.SH101.Jupiter 8.OSCar.ARP odyssey..multivox mx3000.Solina stringsynth.polivox
ms20/50.Jupiter 4 .Andromeda. OBX.OB-1.
Prophet vs. Pro-one. Wasp.EMS VCS3
sam
Expert Member
Expert Member

Return to General Synthesizers