WTB Korg MS20 / Mono/Poly and Akai MPC60

Looking for something to buy? Post your requests for musical instruments and equipment here.
Forum rules
READ: Gear Wanted Rules and Guidelines

Moderators have the right to edit your posts to keep them within the framework of these rules.

WTB Korg MS20 / Mono/Poly and Akai MPC60

Postby sequentialsoftshock » Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:02 pm

So I'm trying to get a few things sooner rather than later...

Budget for the MS20 is up to $800
Budget for the MPC60 is up to $600
And might consider a Mono/Poly instead for about $1000

I have a brand new iPad Air 64gb w/ LTE for a possible trade, and an iPhone 5S 64GB GSM in pretty decent condition.

:geek:
bonne chance
sequentialsoftshock
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Gear: Pro~One, MS20, MPC60, Aalto, Volca Beats, Volca Keys, Beatstep, Casio MT18, BitOne (sorta), Circle, Orbit 3, K5, Stylos, Univox Hi Flier, iPad
Band: Echo & Liora

Advertisement:

Re: WTB Korg MS20 / Mono/Poly and Akai MPC60

Postby clubbedtodeath » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:20 pm

sequentialsoftshock wrote:Budget for the MS20 is up to $800

Quick Q. Have you not thought about getting a MS-20 mini instead? You could get one brand new for close to that price. Vintage MS-20s aren't cheap - just take a look on eBay.
clubbedtodeath

Re: WTB Korg MS20 / Mono/Poly and Akai MPC60

Postby sequentialsoftshock » Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:10 am

clubbedtodeath wrote:
sequentialsoftshock wrote:Budget for the MS20 is up to $800

Quick Q. Have you not thought about getting a MS-20 mini instead? You could get one brand new for close to that price. Vintage MS-20s aren't cheap - just take a look on eBay.

Yep, I have, but ultimately as much as I used my last MS20 I think I'd really prefer having the extra bit of size of keys and controls. Plus I don't use MIDI too much, so that's not a huge factor. As for the price, yeah it's def a couple hundred lower than what you see on eBay these days, but that's about what I have to spend and I figured I'd put that in case someone has one thzt might be more beat up or something. Couldn't hurt. As for the 60, they seem to be rising, but that's mostly what I'd consider a fair price for me personally. I could easily go back to a 2000XL for $450 or so, but I enjoyed working on the 60 more.
bonne chance
sequentialsoftshock
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Gear: Pro~One, MS20, MPC60, Aalto, Volca Beats, Volca Keys, Beatstep, Casio MT18, BitOne (sorta), Circle, Orbit 3, K5, Stylos, Univox Hi Flier, iPad
Band: Echo & Liora

Return to Gear Wanted