Studio Cabin Fever

Discussions on sound production outside the synthesizer such as mixing, processing, recording, editing and mastering.

Re: Studio Cabin Fever

Postby calaverasgrande » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:55 pm

yeah, that is one of my recurring issues with all of my studios in teh past. I often spend hundreds on gear, but nothing on furniture or ergonomics. I'm mostly caught up on "stuff" so I guess I should work on rounding off the corners of the workflow with mundane stuff like "stands" for things and dedicated cable organizing gizmos.

It's already looking better in there. I think if I can hollow out the middle of the space so that I have more uninterrupted free room I'll be more comfortable.
Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with all thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave
calaverasgrande

Gear: MG1, MP201, MF101, MF102, MF105m, Taurus 3, SH09, KPR-77, Poly 61, Dark Energy, X0Xb0x, Dronelab, Atari Punk, Synsonics Drums, MDM MK I, Volcas
Band: N.S.V.

Advertisement:

Postby tomorrowstops » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:26 am

The key to my productivity is keeping my space clean and organized. In addition I found zen in acoustically treating the walls and ceiling. When I walk into the room, there is a peaceful sense of 'ahhh.' I've painted the walls my favorite color and have refrained from hanging any pictures - I think the lack of visual distraction has helped keep my focus on the work.
tomorrowstops
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Postby code green » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:27 pm

mini fridge?
code green

Gear: prophet 600/evolver/juno 6/alpha juno 2/bassst'n/crumar performer/jv1010/suitcase rhodes 73/ '78 gibson l6-s/'73 guild mahogany/'69 fender princeton
Band: thermite zapruder

Postby skunk3 » Thu May 01, 2014 2:53 pm

Ergonomics and convenience are HUGE factors for me. I recently moved into a new place and there's a large room downstairs in the basement that is basically unused aside from a bit of storage. It's more than big enough for a home studio. I originally set up all of my stuff down there but I realized that I found myself never wanting to go down there. It was kinda cold too. Since then I've moved all of my stuff up to my room, which is a bit better in terms of convenience but ergonomics is still a factor. I would love to have some good stands/furniture and finally get around to actually USING the patchbays that I bought nearly a year ago!
skunk3

Gear: ESX, MPC 2500, EPS16+, TX16w, TX81z, Micro Q, Microbrute, Bass Station 2, MS-20 Mini, Nord Lead 2, Machinedrum, D-50, QS7.1, loads of effects...
Band: Purplewave

Previous

Return to Sound Production