Moog Rogue and Concertmate MG-1

A forum for comparing two or more synths against each other. Also known as "versus" threads.

Re: Moog Rogue and Concertmate MG-1

Postby nathanscribe » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:04 am

Rampant internet speculation aside, I'd like to know about changes in the Rogue over its lifetime. Mine has an RCA 150 in place of the CA3080 that the schematic shows, and I haven't found a datasheet for it yet, or any info at all actually. I've also read there are differences in the PCB layout, but don't know how true that is (again, the internet is a wonderful place). If anybody actually knows anything useful, I'd be glad to hear it.
nathanscribe
VSE Review Contributor
VSE Review Contributor

Advertisement:

Re: Moog Rogue and Concertmate MG-1

Postby ryryoftokyo » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:16 pm

The biggest difference I've noticed is that the MG-1 is a bit more quirky sounding than the Rogue.

The polyphonic organ section really does sound neat (at least to me) and hey, you can say you have a polyphonic Moog.

I believe it's also a bit cheaper than the Rogue on eBay, so that may be something to consider.
Moog Multimoog Korg MS20 Korg Electribe EMX Korg Electribe EA1 Arturia Microbrute, Waldorf Blofeld Yamaha AN1x Korg microKORG Roland Juno 60 Yamaha DX7 Roland Alpha Juno 2 Korg Poly 61 Roland JX8P Sequential Circuits Split 8 Korg Monotron Delay
ryryoftokyo

Gear: Metal, plastic, wood, and electricity.
Band: EOC

Previous

Return to Synth Shootouts