pro one versus evolver (what makes the pro one so great?)

A forum for comparing two or more synths against each other. Also known as "versus" threads.

Re: pro one versus evolver (what makes the pro one so great?)

Postby Herbert West » Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:54 am

I wouldn't be trading it outright for a Mopho of course, didn't say that. I was thinking of selling the Pro-One and using some of that money to get a Mopho, and the rest for whatever. As far as analog monophonics go, I also have a Prodigy and an Octave Cat, so I am on the lookout for something a bit more modern. Maybe I should save a little more and get an Evolver or Poly-Evolver? Would owning a Poly-Evolver and a Mopho be a bit redundant?

And I'm guessing I could run my Prodigy or Cat through the Mopho or Evolver's sequencers, can I use it's arpeggiation for my other synths as well? Probably a stupid question haha, but you never know.
Herbert West

Advertisement:

Postby synthshaw » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 pm

I was looking at an evolver or mopho as a backup for my pro1, i imagine they're the closest you'l get to the real thing, the only turnoff for me is the lack of a decent interface(on the desktop models).I'm not bothered too much about the new features they have over the Pro1 although i suppose they're an added bonus. It would be nice to try one out in the flesh and see if they stack up against their wonderfull ancestor.The pro1 is such a beauty.
synthshaw

Postby xpander » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:58 pm

the pro one sounds & feels like an analog synthesizer. the evolver sounds & feels like a modern synthesizer.
xpander
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Gear: UltraProteus, Xpander, 200e, Minimoogs, Radias, Prophet VS, PolyEvolver, Arp 2600

Postby matia » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:44 pm

I played the MoPho recently and really did not like the sound. It had a very rough and digital characteristic to its oscillators. I'll get to that A/B soon promise ... university almost over ... forever ... until grad school ... :)

-matia
matia

Gear: Forum said that I exceeded 150 characters. Here's a partial:
Serge Modular 9 pannels SMS Modular almost all modules
ARP 2600
Roland Tr 808 ....

Previous

Return to Synth Shootouts