Moog Micromoog vs Korg MS-10

A forum for comparing two or more synths against each other. Also known as "versus" threads.

Re: Moog Micromoog vs Korg MS-10

Postby pflosi » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:01 am

:lol: i love you guys
pflosi
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Gear: more than 150 characters...

Advertisement:

Postby nadafarms » Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:22 am

AG you need to stop the long ranting essay responses ok, because your music is pretty damn good. You should be focusing on your music more and putting out more actual music vids which are great and stop the synth demos and rambling because you can always do that when your an old crazy dude...

hahahah now if I only listened to my own advice. :lol:
for sale/trade: EML-101
nadafarms
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Postby Automatic Gainsay » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:58 pm

nadafarms wrote:AG you need to stop the long ranting essay responses ok, because your music is pretty damn good. You should be focusing on your music more and putting out more actual music vids which are great and stop the synth demos and rambling because you can always do that when your an old crazy dude...

hahahah now if I only listened to my own advice. :lol:

I can't think of a long ranting essay in response to this. :)
‎"I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." -Charles Babbage
"Unity and Mediocrity are forever in bed together." -Zane W.
http://www.youtube.com/automaticgainsay
Automatic Gainsay
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Gear: Minimoog, ARP 2600, CS-15, CS-50, MiniBrute, MicroBrute, Dubreq S2, Korg MS-20 Mini, 3 Volcas, Hohner Pianet T, Wurlitzer 7300, Wurlitzer 145-A.
Band: Godfrey's Cordial

Postby Operatron » Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:45 pm

I think there is a chance to plug/link the micromoog into a multimoog and use the micromoog as 3 OSC ......
Operatron

Postby nadafarms » Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:32 pm

Hey AG so I just got my multimoog back from my tech friend and I swear I think it sounds better than a minimoog. I had a minimoog for awhile then borrowed a nice one a few weeks ago and wasn't inspired by it.

I swear there is something about the multi and micro that is more elastic/smooth sounding than the mini yet still real fat and powerful. I definitely think it sounds a lot different and it's a keeper :D

Did you ever have a multi?

I'm not sure if you can hookup the multi and micro together.
nadafarms
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Postby Automatic Gainsay » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:41 am

nadafarms wrote:Hey AG so I just got my multimoog back from my tech friend and I swear I think it sounds better than a minimoog. I had a minimoog for awhile then borrowed a nice one a few weeks ago and wasn't inspired by it.

I swear there is something about the multi and micro that is more elastic/smooth sounding than the mini yet still real fat and powerful. I definitely think it sounds a lot different and it's a keeper :D

Did you ever have a multi?

I'm not sure if you can hookup the multi and micro together.

The Multi is powerful functionality-wise, but lacks the special something the Micromoog possesses. The fine fellows at Moog thought the Micromoog sounded thin, so they overdrove both the osc and the filter. Since the Multi had two oscs, they didn't feel they had to do such things (not realizing, apparently, that the saturated sound was what gives the Moog it's deliciousness). For years I've heard people complain about the Multi sounding thin, and this is why.
Still, though... who cares if it doesn't have that Minimoog quality. The Multi is capable of some incredible sounds that the Mini (and Micro) are not. I've never owned one, but I've always wanted one.

You can DEFINITELY connect a Multi and a Micro, and if you did, you'd have the kickass'nest Moog ever. :)
‎"I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." -Charles Babbage
Automatic Gainsay
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Gear: Minimoog, ARP 2600, CS-15, CS-50, MiniBrute, MicroBrute, Dubreq S2, Korg MS-20 Mini, 3 Volcas, Hohner Pianet T, Wurlitzer 7300, Wurlitzer 145-A.

Postby Automatic Gainsay » Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:43 am

Operatron wrote:I think there is a chance to plug/link the micromoog into a multimoog and use the micromoog as 3 OSC ......

3 osc 2 LFO...
Automatic Gainsay
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Postby nadafarms » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:08 am

that is interesting AG, I can tell the 2 oscs in the multi aren't driving the filter hard and it's too bad there isn't a level control.

Now I'm itching to get a micromoog and see how different they sound. I don't think the multi sounds thin one bit compared to most synths and the filter is incredible

I'm now debating selling the pro one or the multimoog and can't decide because they are so similar.
nadafarms
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Postby Operatron » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:08 am

nadafarms wrote:that is interesting AG, I can tell the 2 oscs in the multi aren't driving the filter hard and it's too bad there isn't a level control.

Now I'm itching to get a micromoog and see how different they sound. I don't think the multi sounds thin one bit compared to most synths and the filter is incredible

I'm now debating selling the pro one or the multimoog and can't decide because they are so similar.

the multimoog is more easy to repeare ( spare parts ect ect ect )
Operatron

Previous

Return to Synth Shootouts