Sequencer shootout:Yamaha QY700 vs MPC1000 (for sequencing?)

A forum for comparing two or more synths against each other. Also known as "versus" threads.

Re: Sequencer shootout:Yamaha QY700 vs MPC1000 (for sequenci

Postby Zack McConnell » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:59 pm

masstronaut wrote:Not used one but yeah it's probably not the simplest. You had all the MIDI channels set up correctly?

If you can stretch to an MPC that would do you fine as well so I'm not suggesting the RM1X is necessarily better. It's quick to work with, solid and fairly simple to pick up. Plus you'd be getting a sampler in the box of course.

I'm tired of trying to get the MC50 to work, I've been through the channels, the MIDI outs menu, no dice. Channel 1 info sent by my MicroKORG should trigger Channel 1 on my MC50, which should trigger the patch on my KORG M3R that I have set to Channel 1. It doesn't and that's bull**** IMO. Plus I'm not crazy about the 40,000 notes thing, that seems like it would get eaten up in a hurry. UPDATE: Sends messages to my DX200, but it always starts the preloaded pattern and THEN plays my notes. Plus it doesn't accept MIDI in from my KORG or my DX, you have to use the numerical keys. I think this box is just too old.

If I don't go RM1X or Command Station, I'll be getting an MPC1k for sure.
Zack McConnell

Advertisement:

Re: Sequencer shootout:Yamaha QY700 vs MPC1000 (for sequenci

Postby Zack McConnell » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:37 pm

Bump, looked at my options, think I'm going with the MPC. Thanks guys!
Zack McConnell

Previous

Return to Synth Shootouts