AX SYNTH vs LUCINA AX 09 ROLAND KEYTARS

A forum for comparing two or more synths against each other. Also known as "versus" threads.

AX SYNTH vs LUCINA AX 09 ROLAND KEYTARS

Postby corndogssg » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:04 am

hey keyboard/synth lovers out there. I am loving this website btw. I feel like I found the mother ship full of my people (and a few dip shits :) n e ways well, this is a synth shootout, and although I am fresh off the register form I have been playing with keyboards since the mid 90s, and recording songs with them since the end of the 90s. I would love to get some feedback on these two ROLAND MADE KEYTARS.
ROLAND AX SYNTH VS ROLAND LUCINA AX 09

to my knowledge these are the only 2 roland keytars with their own synth engine inside of them, not relying on midi hookups for sounds from another keyboard. i am pretty sure the ax synth is from 2009 and the lucina is 2013 (even though it has 09 in its name heh) I love a lot of rolands products, some not so much and i do own a RED ROLAND AX 1 which is a great keytar btw, but i was looking to get a keytar with its own sounds built in. looks like the ax synth has the lucina beat by at least an octave of keys, and i see it does cost more, but as the quality of sound goes whats the pros and cons of each synth, and feel of the keys ect ect.

any feedback would be great, and please only people that know what they are saying would be great too. i am sorry for my horrible grammar, i would love to say i speak a foreign language and blame that, but i speak west coast English. lol. cheers :) corndogssg
corndogssg

Gear: v synth, little phatty2, jx10, kiwi106, jx 305, jv2080x's8, k2600, ion, micron, evolver, tetra, x station, ultra nova, bass station2
Band: sesame street gangsters

Advertisement:

Re: AX SYNTH vs LUCINA AX 09 ROLAND KEYTARS

Postby Ashe37 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:12 am

Same sound engine, AFAIK. and the Lucinas were being blown out cheap a few months back when best buy was downsizing their music departments
Ashe37

Gear: Ensoniq SD-1/32,SQR,VFX,ESQm
Access Virus Indigo
Korg M3-61 , MS2000BR
Emu XL-7
Oberheim Matrix 6r
Yamaha TG-33, Kawai K3m
Blofeld, Micron, Mopho
Band: Eridani V

Re: AX SYNTH vs LUCINA AX 09 ROLAND KEYTARS

Postby corndogssg » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:37 pm

right on. well that makes it all so clear. thanx
corndogssg

Gear: v synth, little phatty2, jx10, kiwi106, jx 305, jv2080x's8, k2600, ion, micron, evolver, tetra, x station, ultra nova, bass station2
Band: sesame street gangsters

Return to Synth Shootouts