sub phatty vs. bass station II

A forum for comparing two or more synths against each other. Also known as "versus" threads.

Re: sub phatty vs. bass station II

Postby JamesAC » Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:16 am

Quick little side note, I've just started playing with all the Sub's functions via the editor and it's really intuitive, very easy to save and load presets as well as giving you an extra level of things to adjust. Also worth mentioning the patches you get on the download are great. Fingers crossed they throw an arp in the mix on the next update.
JamesAC

Advertisement:

Re: sub phatty vs. bass station II

Postby ryryoftokyo » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:31 pm

JamesAC wrote:
Psy_Free wrote:MS-20...35 odd years.

I just wanted to clarify, I'm talking MS-20 Mini, the new one, I'm sure the original is a fair sight better, though I've never played one. Actually price wise I should have compared an original MS-20 to a Sub, but I didn't, though I'd certainly be curious to track one down later. This is so off topic!
SP - Sound, feel and build
BS - Features (arp, memory, after touch) and price

Having had the privelage of playing all three versions of the MS20, I can say the MS20 mini is an MS20. Anybody that's complaining about how it doesn't sound as good as the original is probably just pissed they had to pay through the nose for an original.
32 MU modular system, Electribe (EA-1 and EMX), Microbrute, Nord Lead 2x, Blofeld, MS20, AN1x, Poly 61 (x2), JX8P, Split-8, DX7, Alpha Juno 2, microkorg, Conn Electric Band, TR-505, Ace Tone FR-3, Monotron Delay, Beatstep
ryryoftokyo

Gear: Metal, plastic, wood, and electricity.
Band: Tarot Sync

Previous

Return to Synth Shootouts