Camel Alchemy vs NI Razor

A forum for comparing two or more synths against each other. Also known as "versus" threads.

Camel Alchemy vs NI Razor

Postby DemianMusic » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:31 am

Alchemy was the first synth I ever bought.

Loved it, great way to learn. But with time I grew tired of some things.

I found the VA to be uninspiring, so years later I've purchased a Moog Sub Phatty. Much better.

I tried to use it for other worldly, in your face, digital bass sounds. But I found it fell short here. I purchased NI Razor recently and that ended up doing them perfectly. Much, much better digital bass sounds now.

I really loved the bell and pad sounds I could get out of Alchemy - but I am starting to notice that NI Razor seems to do those better too.

...my box of needs for Alchemy is getting smaller and smaller. That said, I love the arpeggiator in Alchemy. Now, I fully realize that I may just not be using Alchemy to it's full potential, so if anyone has advice I'd love to hear it.

Besides that, Alchemy and Razor are both additive synths...so which do you think is the better synth?
Moog Sub Phatty : Korg SV-1 : DSI Mopho : Camel Audio Alchemy : NI Razor : Operator
DemianMusic

Gear: Moog Sub Phatty : Korg SV-1 : DSI Mopho : Camel Audio Alchemy : NI Razor : Operator
Band: DEMIAN

Return to Synth Shootouts