micrco Q vs blofeld

A forum for comparing two or more synths against each other. Also known as "versus" threads.

micrco Q vs blofeld

Postby corndogssg » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:50 am

is the blofeld just an older version of the micro Q? do they pretty much sound the same and over lap. This site gives the Q a five star and the blo gets a four rating. so it lead me to wonder if people like the micro Q better or if they are pretty much the same synths or really what to believe. I love my blofeld, up until last week when the sound went quite, looking on the web this is do to a cheaply made part on waldorfs money saving end. it's an easy fix, still makes me mad when a company cuts corners to save a buck and ends up with a car that they have to recall several thousands of because of some bs. oh the allmighty dollar. ehhhh n e ways............ (also after ordering a kiwi technics patch editor to mainly control my kiwi 106 and jx10 i noticed it works with a micro q which is cool)

micro Q vs blofeld...................whats your opinion.
corndogssg

Gear: v synth, little phatty2, jx10, kiwi106, jx 305, jv2080x's8, k2600, ion, micron, evolver, tetra, x station, ultra nova, bass station2
Band: sesame street gangsters

Advertisement:

Re: micrco Q vs blofeld

Postby Mino » Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:04 pm

Someone said "Micro Q is similar to Blofeld but all the things said works!"

I think the new Blofeld OS got most of the bugs out though.

Micro Q has multi outs (3 stereo) and it's expandable to 75 voices which might help on multitimbral setups. No samples or filter curves though.

I went the big Q route, tough decision for me. I would go for an expanded microQ over Blofeld.
Mino

Gear: Waldorf Q&XT
Nord Lead 2x
Roland V-Synth /w VC-1

Re: micrco Q vs blofeld

Postby ellaguru » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:04 pm

Many expert friends of mine said the microQ over the blofeld by far. Some of them said to me that with the blofeld Waldorf tried to ressamble Microwave+microQ characteristics but without their personality...
I don't know if it counts but the microQ got a IN to filter the sound (don't know if the blofeld got this too...)
ellaguru

Return to Synth Shootouts