Solton Programmer vs. Quasimidi Sirius?

A forum for comparing two or more synths against each other. Also known as "versus" threads.

Solton Programmer vs. Quasimidi Sirius?

Postby vicd » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:06 pm

Two "all-in-one" machines from different generations, both good for "minimal" standalone production.

What I liked in the Solton is the ability to manually "type in" the arpeggiator pattern, and then have it play along whatever chord you play by hand (see the video, home-keyboard style). Immediacy is the key (well, as I see it from the demo - you don't have to do grid-editing, just play the pattern along with the rhythm).
Any other unit able of doing that (well, apart from Band-In-A-Box)?

Watch on youtube.com

I don't like the drums, but the drums like me!
vicd
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: Blofeld, Formanta (EMS01, Maestro, Mini), JD800, Morpheus, MP7, Plugiator, TG77, TOM1501, TR626, UltraProteus, V-Synth XT
Band: ROBOPOP

Advertisement:

Re: Solton Programmer vs. Quasimidi Sirius?

Postby paturn » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:27 pm

I use the Quasi Midi Sirius quite a bit and to be honest have found it to be not only kinda glitchy but also that the sequencer being limited to 8 steps to be sorta limiting as well ...Im actually in the process of replacing it with several rack synths and transferring all my MIDI sequencing to a MPC ...
paturn

Gear: Quasi Midi Sirius , Waldork Pulse 2 , Korg es-1 , MPC500 , lots of random circuit bent and other wise modded gear .
Band: Morlox, Syphilis Sauna

Return to Synth Shootouts