A forum for comparing two or more synths against each other. Also known as "versus" threads.
so I was just wondering would a little phatty chained together with a slim phatty be basically the same as the new sub 37 phatty?
- Junior Member
- Posts: 123
- Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:38 am
- Location: olympia washington
- Real name: ryan
- Gear: v synth, little phatty2, jx10, kiwi106, jx 305, jv2080x's8, k2600, ion, micron, evolver, tetra, x station, ultra nova, bass station2
- Band: sesame street gangsters
nah. they differ in character apparently but sound obviously moog. Sub37 has 2 osc's that can be uncoupled plus a sub. 2 little phatties would give you 4 oscs, two voices with two osc's.
- Senior Member
- Posts: 931
- Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:36 pm
Also Sub37 has other features not available on the Phatties besides the duophonic mode.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.
- Posts: 3555
- Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:29 pm
- Gear: Motif XF6, Evolver, Live 9
Polychaining the 2 would result in a 2-voice "true" polyphonic synth. You'd need to feed the raw osc audio out of one Phatty into the other Phatty to get the same paraphony effect of the Sub 37.
- VSE Review Contributor
- Posts: 1534
- Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:10 am
- Location: Brooklyn, NY
- Gear: YES PLEASE!
Return to Synth Shootouts
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests