POST ANY INTERESTING EBAY / CRAIGSLIST LISTINGS HERE!!!

A forum for discussing the pros & cons of buying a particular synth and for advice on buying synthesizers.

Re: POST ANY INTERESTING EBAY AUCTIONS HERE!!!

Postby mis psiquicios y yo » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:57 am

Micke wrote:These great sounding synths, regardless of version, don't show up all too often on ebay. This
particular example is the duophonic keyboard version:

Nyle Steiner told me a while ago that he sometimes made custom equipment with silver panels long after they had switched to the black painted ones.
The biggest reason they switched to black painted panels was that when making the silver panels, they were sanding the aluminum themselves. This
was a laborious task and it was difficult to get consistent results. The later brushed aluminum panels were made by using a wet wire brush and that
worked well enough. Nyle recalls there was also some discussion with his partners about using black because it seemed to be a popular color for synth
panels at the time.

Hello Micke, do you know on what recordings this synth was used? This is one of those machines I've always been intrigued on, I don't know, it seems interesting and also I read that at some point, when you bought this synth, Steiner Parker gave you a Free Sequencer!! Cheers
Mis Psiquicos y Yo

DotCom modular, TE OP-1, Moog The Source, Emax rack, K Station, Yamaha DX7 II FD, Korg Microkorg II and Volca Beats, Alesis HR-16 and MMT.8 and Roland MC 50
mis psiquicios y yo

Advertisement:

Postby Micke » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:36 pm

The Steiner Double-synthacon, Synthasystem modular and EVI are all over the Apocalypse Now soundtrack (1979).

Other users of the Synthacon and Synthasystem were Alex Cima (on the LEM album "Machines" (1977) and "Cosmic connections", 1979) and Larry Dunn of Earth, Wind & Fire.

Moreover, the synthacon was used by Stu Goldberg of Mahavishnu orchestra (possibly on "Inner Worlds", 1976), Bernie Krause ("The New Nonesuch guide to electronic music", 1980) and Suzanne Ciani (though I'm not sure if she ever recorded with it).

More recent artists using this great sounding synthesizer include Depeche Mode (on their new album) and Moog Cookbook ("Ye Olde Space Band").

Can't think of any others at the moment...

Hope this helps
"The (Yamaha) CS-80 is a step ahead in keyboard control, and a generation behind in digital control" -- Dan Wyman, Jan 1979
Micke
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Postby mis psiquicios y yo » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:35 pm

Thanks Micke, of course you help :), of those records I've only listened to Depeche Mode SOTU. I think I must get the Apocalypse Now Soundtrack, it's been around this forum a lot.
Mis Psiquicos y Yo

DotCom modular, TE OP-1, Moog The Source, Emax rack, K Station, Yamaha DX7 II FD, Korg Microkorg II and Volca Beats, Alesis HR-16 and MMT.8 and Roland MC 50
mis psiquicios y yo

Postby Micke » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:52 pm

Yeah, I do recommend you to get that soundtrack. In my opinion it's one of the best synth-scores out there.
"The (Yamaha) CS-80 is a step ahead in keyboard control, and a generation behind in digital control" -- Dan Wyman, Jan 1979
Micke
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Postby Micke » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:33 pm

To set things right: Stu Goldberg used a Steiner synthasystem modular on Mahavishnu Orchestra's '76 album Inner Worlds, not a Synthacon.
Micke
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Postby space6oy » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:30 pm

space6oy

Gear: vimpat, citalopram & vitamin D.

Postby garranimal » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:15 am

holy shXX.
garranimal
Expert Member
Expert Member

Band: G-Strom Electro

Postby space6oy » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:47 am

:lol:

space6oy

Gear: vimpat, citalopram & vitamin D.

Postby TRANSISTOR FACE » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:53 pm

So I wake up this morning to find this:

http://montreal.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sel ... Z135461468

And I quickly send an e-mail to receive this as a response:

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry. The price is $1800 , it is in perfect condition as you can see in the pictures. The price is low because i am in need of some money QUICK (some bussines issues) and i would like to have a quick sale at this price. I am located in England and a friend of mine told me to sell this on the Canada market because i might sell it quick there. I would pay for shipping and insurance to Canada. If you are interested to buy it we can use eBay to make the deal safe and quick.

Let me know what you have in mind.

Respectfully

:( :( :( I was ready to jump in the car and go out and grab it.
TRANSISTOR FACE

Postby Synthigraphie » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:44 pm

TRANSISTOR FACE wrote: I am located in England and a friend of mine told me to sell this on the Canada market because i might sell it quick there. I would pay for shipping and insurance to Canada.

For sure there will be people to believe that.... And if you say you live in England, he would tell you he lives in Canada :lol:
Synthigraphie

Gear: Alesis Fusion 6HD
Roland Super JX + PG-800
Roland D-50
Akai AX73
ARP Omni I
Korg EA1-Mk2 & ER-Mk2
Yamaha PSR-640, PS-20, PSS-680

Postby Synthigraphie » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:05 pm

TRANSISTOR FACE wrote:So I wake up this morning to find this:

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry. The price is $1800 , it is in perfect condition as you can see in the pictures. The price is low because i am in need of some money QUICK (some bussines issues) and i would like to have a quick sale at this price. I am located in England and a friend of mine told me to sell this on the Canada market because i might sell it quick there. I would pay for shipping and insurance to Canada. If you are interested to buy it we can use eBay to make the deal safe and quick.

Respectfully

A very very interesting Google search this guy also lives in Switzerland and Massachusetts
Synthigraphie

Gear: Alesis Fusion 6HD
Roland Super JX + PG-800
Roland D-50
Akai AX73
ARP Omni I
Korg EA1-Mk2 & ER-Mk2
Yamaha PSR-640, PS-20, PSS-680

Postby Phollop Willing PA » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:43 pm

Synthigraphie wrote:

Hi,

Respectfully

A very very interesting Google search this guy also lives in Switzerland and Massachusetts

Great detective work! I'll have to do the same if I get a similar offer.Thankyou. =D>
MOOGSig: Voyager/Theremin, ROLAND: JP8000/MC505/MC50/SH1000/Octapad1/RE 20, CASIO VLtone, KORG: Kronos73/Prophecy/MS2000R/Kaos Pad2/D3200/D888/SDD4000/M3, BOSS SP202/DR110, YAMAHA:CS40M/QX7/WX7/QY10, ARP Exp, MACBETH M5, FR ORB, SONNET, ALESIS SR18
Phollop Willing PA

Gear: Korg, Moog, Roland, Alesis, ARP, Yamaha, Future Retro

Postby xpander » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:24 pm

down closer to earth now:
xpander
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Gear: UltraProteus, Xpander, 200e, Minimoogs, Radias, Prophet VS, PolyEvolver, Arp 2600

Postby Z » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:26 am

BUY ONE, GET ONE FREE (sort of):

$385 BUY IT NOW!

These have come down in price (there's BEST OFFER available, too):
Z
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Gear: Bubble wrap, Styrofoam, boxes, packing tape

Postby hfinn » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:10 pm

Hi,

Respectfully

that was my ad and pictures he is using.
hfinn
Expert Member
Expert Member

Gear: http://soundcloud.com/heath-finnie

PreviousNext

Return to Buyer's Guide