POST ANY INTERESTING EBAY / CRAIGSLIST LISTINGS HERE!!!

A forum for discussing the pros & cons of buying a particular synth and for advice on buying synthesizers.

Re: POST ANY INTERESTING EBAY AUCTIONS HERE!!!

Postby mis psiquicios y yo » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:57 am

Micke wrote:These great sounding synths, regardless of version, don't show up all too often on ebay. This
particular example is the duophonic keyboard version:



Nyle Steiner told me a while ago that he sometimes made custom equipment with silver panels long after they had switched to the black painted ones.
The biggest reason they switched to black painted panels was that when making the silver panels, they were sanding the aluminum themselves. This
was a laborious task and it was difficult to get consistent results. The later brushed aluminum panels were made by using a wet wire brush and that
worked well enough. Nyle recalls there was also some discussion with his partners about using black because it seemed to be a popular color for synth
panels at the time.



Hello Micke, do you know on what recordings this synth was used? This is one of those machines I've always been intrigued on, I don't know, it seems interesting and also I read that at some point, when you bought this synth, Steiner Parker gave you a Free Sequencer!! Cheers
Mis Psiquicos y Yo

DotCom modular, TE OP-1, Moog The Source, Emax rack, K Station, Yamaha DX7 II FD, Korg Microkorg II and Volca Beats, Alesis HR-16 and MMT.8 and Roland MC 50
User avatar
mis psiquicios y yo
Active Member
Active Member
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:33 pm
Location: Mexico

Advertisement:

Re: POST ANY INTERESTING EBAY AUCTIONS HERE!!!

Postby Micke » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:36 pm

The Steiner Double-synthacon, Synthasystem modular and EVI are all over the Apocalypse Now soundtrack (1979).

Other users of the Synthacon and Synthasystem were Alex Cima (on the LEM album "Machines" (1977) and "Cosmic connections", 1979) and Larry Dunn of Earth, Wind & Fire.

Moreover, the synthacon was used by Stu Goldberg of Mahavishnu orchestra (possibly on "Inner Worlds", 1976), Bernie Krause ("The New Nonesuch guide to electronic music", 1980) and Suzanne Ciani (though I'm not sure if she ever recorded with it).

More recent artists using this great sounding synthesizer include Depeche Mode (on their new album) and Moog Cookbook ("Ye Olde Space Band").

Can't think of any others at the moment...

Hope this helps
"The (Yamaha) CS-80 is a step ahead in keyboard control, and a generation behind in digital control" -- Dan Wyman, Jan 1979
User avatar
Micke
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
 
Posts: 2182
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2004 12:50 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: POST ANY INTERESTING EBAY AUCTIONS HERE!!!

Postby mis psiquicios y yo » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:35 pm

Thanks Micke, of course you help :), of those records I've only listened to Depeche Mode SOTU. I think I must get the Apocalypse Now Soundtrack, it's been around this forum a lot.
Mis Psiquicos y Yo

DotCom modular, TE OP-1, Moog The Source, Emax rack, K Station, Yamaha DX7 II FD, Korg Microkorg II and Volca Beats, Alesis HR-16 and MMT.8 and Roland MC 50
User avatar
mis psiquicios y yo
Active Member
Active Member
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:33 pm
Location: Mexico

Re: POST ANY INTERESTING EBAY AUCTIONS HERE!!!

Postby Micke » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:52 pm

Yeah, I do recommend you to get that soundtrack. In my opinion it's one of the best synth-scores out there.
"The (Yamaha) CS-80 is a step ahead in keyboard control, and a generation behind in digital control" -- Dan Wyman, Jan 1979
User avatar
Micke
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
 
Posts: 2182
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2004 12:50 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: POST ANY INTERESTING EBAY AUCTIONS HERE!!!

Postby Micke » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:33 pm

To set things right: Stu Goldberg used a Steiner synthasystem modular on Mahavishnu Orchestra's '76 album Inner Worlds, not a Synthacon.
"The (Yamaha) CS-80 is a step ahead in keyboard control, and a generation behind in digital control" -- Dan Wyman, Jan 1979
User avatar
Micke
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
 
Posts: 2182
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2004 12:50 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: POST ANY INTERESTING EBAY AUCTIONS HERE!!!

Postby space6oy » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:30 pm

User avatar
space6oy
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 5915
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:29 am
Location: stuck in ohio.
Gear: vimpat, citalopram & vitamin D.

Re: POST ANY INTERESTING EBAY AUCTIONS HERE!!!

Postby garranimal » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:15 am

holy shXX.
User avatar
garranimal
Expert Member
Expert Member
 
Posts: 1452
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:57 pm
Location: Oklahoma City
Band: G-Strom Electro

Re: POST ANY INTERESTING EBAY AUCTIONS HERE!!!

Postby space6oy » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:47 am

:lol:

User avatar
space6oy
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 5915
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:29 am
Location: stuck in ohio.
Gear: vimpat, citalopram & vitamin D.

Re: POST ANY INTERESTING EBAY AUCTIONS HERE!!!

Postby TRANSISTOR FACE » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:53 pm

So I wake up this morning to find this:

http://montreal.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sel ... Z135461468

And I quickly send an e-mail to receive this as a response:

Hi,


Thanks for your inquiry. The price is $1800 , it is in perfect condition as you can see in the pictures. The price is low because i am in need of some money QUICK (some bussines issues) and i would like to have a quick sale at this price. I am located in England and a friend of mine told me to sell this on the Canada market because i might sell it quick there. I would pay for shipping and insurance to Canada. If you are interested to buy it we can use eBay to make the deal safe and quick.

Let me know what you have in mind.


Respectfully



:( :( :( I was ready to jump in the car and go out and grab it.
TRANSISTOR FACE
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:16 am
Location: Miami, Florida

Re: POST ANY INTERESTING EBAY AUCTIONS HERE!!!

Postby Synthigraphie » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:44 pm

TRANSISTOR FACE wrote: I am located in England and a friend of mine told me to sell this on the Canada market because i might sell it quick there. I would pay for shipping and insurance to Canada.


For sure there will be people to believe that.... And if you say you live in England, he would tell you he lives in Canada :lol:
Synthigraphie
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:40 pm
Location: France, Brittany
Gear: Alesis Fusion 6HD
Roland Super JX + PG-800
Roland D-50
Akai AX73
ARP Omni I
Korg EA1-Mk2 & ER-Mk2
Yamaha PSR-640, PS-20, PSS-680

Re: POST ANY INTERESTING EBAY AUCTIONS HERE!!!

Postby Synthigraphie » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:05 pm

TRANSISTOR FACE wrote:So I wake up this morning to find this:

http://montreal.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sel ... Z135461468

And I quickly send an e-mail to receive this as a response:

Hi,


Thanks for your inquiry. The price is $1800 , it is in perfect condition as you can see in the pictures. The price is low because i am in need of some money QUICK (some bussines issues) and i would like to have a quick sale at this price. I am located in England and a friend of mine told me to sell this on the Canada market because i might sell it quick there. I would pay for shipping and insurance to Canada. If you are interested to buy it we can use eBay to make the deal safe and quick.

Let me know what you have in mind.


Respectfully



:( :( :( I was ready to jump in the car and go out and grab it.



A very very interesting Google search this guy also lives in Switzerland and Massachusetts
Synthigraphie
Newbie
Newbie
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:40 pm
Location: France, Brittany
Gear: Alesis Fusion 6HD
Roland Super JX + PG-800
Roland D-50
Akai AX73
ARP Omni I
Korg EA1-Mk2 & ER-Mk2
Yamaha PSR-640, PS-20, PSS-680

Re: POST ANY INTERESTING EBAY AUCTIONS HERE!!!

Postby Phollop Willing PA » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:43 pm

Synthigraphie wrote:
TRANSISTOR FACE wrote:So I wake up this morning to find this:

http://montreal.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sel ... Z135461468

And I quickly send an e-mail to receive this as a response:

Hi,


Thanks for your inquiry. The price is $1800 , it is in perfect condition as you can see in the pictures. The price is low because i am in need of some money QUICK (some bussines issues) and i would like to have a quick sale at this price. I am located in England and a friend of mine told me to sell this on the Canada market because i might sell it quick there. I would pay for shipping and insurance to Canada. If you are interested to buy it we can use eBay to make the deal safe and quick.

Let me know what you have in mind.


Respectfully



:( :( :( I was ready to jump in the car and go out and grab it.



A very very interesting Google search this guy also lives in Switzerland and Massachusetts


Great detective work! I'll have to do the same if I get a similar offer.Thankyou. =D>
MOOGSig: Voyager/Theremin, ROLAND: JP8000/MC505/MC50/SH1000/Octapad1/RE 20, CASIO VLtone, KORG: Kronos73/Prophecy/MS2000R/Kaos Pad2/D3200/D888/SDD4000/M3, BOSS SP202/DR110, YAMAHA:CS40M/QX7/WX7/QY10, ARP Exp, MACBETH M5, FR ORB, SONNET, ALESIS SR18
User avatar
Phollop Willing PA
Senior Member
Senior Member
 
Posts: 839
Joined: Sun May 04, 2008 3:47 pm
Location: Nova Scotia
Gear: Korg, Moog, Roland, Alesis, ARP, Yamaha, Future Retro

Re: POST ANY INTERESTING EBAY AUCTIONS HERE!!!

Postby xpander » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:24 pm

down closer to earth now:
User avatar
xpander
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
 
Posts: 1670
Joined: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:15 am
Location: los gatos, california
Gear: UltraProteus, Xpander, 200e, Minimoogs, Radias, Prophet VS, PolyEvolver, Arp 2600

Re: POST ANY INTERESTING EBAY AUCTIONS HERE!!!

Postby Z » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:26 am

BUY ONE, GET ONE FREE (sort of):

$385 BUY IT NOW!



These have come down in price (there's BEST OFFER available, too):
User avatar
Z
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
 
Posts: 3245
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 3:08 am
Location: Docking Bay 94 (Dallas, TX)
Gear: Bubble wrap, Styrofoam, boxes, packing tape

Re: POST ANY INTERESTING EBAY AUCTIONS HERE!!!

Postby hfinn » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:10 pm

TRANSISTOR FACE wrote:So I wake up this morning to find this:

http://montreal.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sel ... Z135461468

And I quickly send an e-mail to receive this as a response:

Hi,


Thanks for your inquiry. The price is $1800 , it is in perfect condition as you can see in the pictures. The price is low because i am in need of some money QUICK (some bussines issues) and i would like to have a quick sale at this price. I am located in England and a friend of mine told me to sell this on the Canada market because i might sell it quick there. I would pay for shipping and insurance to Canada. If you are interested to buy it we can use eBay to make the deal safe and quick.

Let me know what you have in mind.


Respectfully



:( :( :( I was ready to jump in the car and go out and grab it.


that was my ad and pictures he is using.
User avatar
hfinn
Expert Member
Expert Member
 
Posts: 1248
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:21 pm
Location: Boston
Gear: http://soundcloud.com/heath-finnie

PreviousNext

Return to Buyer's Guide

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests