novation bass station rack

A forum for discussing the pros & cons of buying a particular synth and for advice on buying synthesizers.

novation bass station rack

Postby noodles21 » Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:55 am

im am looking to buy my first analogue bit of gear and want something for basslines and leads, have been looking at getting a novation bass station but was wondering if it can produce those deep sub bass style sounds, i know it can achieve those 303 style sounds but was wondering if it also has a wide array of bass sounds. As for the midi/cv i am i correct in that it can only control pitch?. Does anyone have any good analogue alternatives keyboard or rack in around the same price range, heard the waldorf pulse plus is good but having trouble finding one.
noodles21

Advertisement:

Re: novation bass station rack

Postby Solderman » Sun Dec 26, 2010 2:53 am

My BSR demo:
I would say it's much better for basses than leads, since it's not that bright sounding. It does boomy bass pretty well, and the 4 pole filter has a nice amount of saturation with resonance up. Resonance has this sort of nasal vocal quality. CV/Gate is a standard set of features that does include Hz/V control, but doesn't do more fine adjustments like pitch scaling or fine tune.

"Lots of people are nostalgic for analogue. I suspect they're people who never had to work with it." - Brian Eno
Solderman
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: μbrute, Kraftzwerg I, Поливокс(mod), SEM Pro, SH101(mod), TR606(mod), TB303, α Juno, Virus b

Return to Buyer's Guide