Moog Taurus 2

A forum for discussing the pros & cons of buying a particular synth and for advice on buying synthesizers.

Moog Taurus 2

Postby swainclubber » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:50 pm

i am looking at doing a trade with one of these but i have no idea of the value. it has the moog carry case, receipt and even the overlays.

Many thanks in advance
swainclubber

Advertisement:

Re: Moog Taurus 2

Postby Rick N Boogie » Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:29 am

I believe the original Taurus, and the new Taurus 3 are the most sought after, and the Taurus 2 is much less so. As to value, I'd think the 2 to not be nearly as much as either the 1 or 3. Hope that helps some.
Bassist, synth junkie
Rick N Boogie

Gear: MEK/Blofeld/Phatty/MoPho
Basses/synth fx galore
Band: no.one.won

Postby TheHarv » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:41 am

I have one as well and I don't see what the fuss is about the TII, it is a exquisite synt! If it's in great shape and you have the original overlays, shematics/ manual and bag etc. I would say 1,000 - 1,200 is a fair price before shipping. Hope I helped!
TheHarv

Postby SSquirrel » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:47 pm

TheHarv wrote:I have one as well and I don't see what the fuss is about the TII, it is a exquisite synt! If it's in great shape and you have the original overlays, shematics/ manual and bag etc. I would say 1,000 - 1,200 is a fair price before shipping. Hope I helped!

Of course, I've seen prices as low as $1300 for the Taurus 3, so IMO you would have to really want a TII specifically to not just buy the T3.
SSquirrel

Return to Buyer's Guide