Stompbox or multi effect rack for nord lead 2X

A forum for discussing the pros & cons of buying a particular synth and for advice on buying synthesizers.

Stompbox or multi effect rack for nord lead 2X

Postby Quai34 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:42 pm

Hi,
I'm thinking to add effects to my nord lead 2x for live set up. I already have a TC electronic m350 and M-one XL and lexicon mx200 in my studio but they are all installed and I don't want to remove any of them for my live setting....what could be a good effect set up for live, 3/4 stomp box, a multi effect? If yes which one, I would like to keep it simple, easy to use and to keep the analog sound of my 2X....
Let me know
Sincerely
Quai34

Gear: NORD STAGE 2, ROLAND D50, NORD C2 ORGAN, NORD LEAD 2X, YAMAHA TX802, OBERHEIM MATRIX 1000, EMU PROTEUS 2000, ROLAND XV5080

Advertisement:

Re: Stompbox or multi effect rack for nord lead 2X

Postby silikon » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:15 pm

Quai34 wrote:Hi,
I'm thinking to add effects to my nord lead 2x for live set up. I already have a TC electronic m350 and M-one XL and lexicon mx200 in my studio but they are all installed and I don't want to remove any of them for my live setting....what could be a good effect set up for live, 3/4 stomp box, a multi effect? If yes which one, I would like to keep it simple, easy to use and to keep the analog sound of my 2X....
Let me know
Sincerely

In the same price range, but not in stomp box (if that's absolutely essential to you) -- the Ensoniq DP/4 is quite nice... you might actually find you want to use it in the studio as well... so perhaps that's a bad idea.

In terms of a stompbox, I'd suggest looking at either the Eventide Timeline or Strymon BigSky (depending on need). If you're looking for more than a 'verb pedal, they both have other options as well. Eventide also has the H9, which I unfortunately have no experience with; but can/does include all of the algorithms used on all of the Eventide Stompboxes.
echo 1 > /dev/awesome
silikon
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Gear: Random bullshit with knobs and buttons.
Band: Year with no summer

Postby skunk3 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:12 pm

I use an Eventide Space with my Nord Lead 2 all of the time and it sounds pretty fantastic. I want to get a Timefactor to put in there before the Space!
skunk3

Gear: ESX, MPC 2500, EPS16+, TX16w, TX81z, Micro Q, Microbrute, Bass Station 2, MS-20 Mini, Nord Lead 2, Machinedrum, D-50, QS7.1, loads of effects...
Band: Purplewave

Postby Rick N Boogie » Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:30 pm

Both Strymon and Eventide make some crazy good delays/reverbs/ambient fx boxes- A multi=fx, of any brand- will always be a compromise for quantity over quality. If you want to go less expensive, look at the TC Electronics boxes. Also quite good.
Bassist, synth junkie
Rick N Boogie

Gear: MEK/Blofeld/Phatty
Basses/synth fx galore
Band: no.one.won

Postby Quai34 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:04 am

Hi,
Thanks a lot, I have never thought about Eventide but yes, the H9 seemd to be a real winner, i will dig into it, I have all my synths connecetd to a one U rack mixer, a tascam LM-8T and it has a stereo send and return, so, the H9 would be good to use with the Nord lead 2X and even the Matrix 1000. The other synths (XV5080, Sathe II, D50 and EMU proteus have their own onbaord effects....)
Thanks gain
Sincerely
Quai34

Gear: NORD STAGE 2, ROLAND D50, NORD C2 ORGAN, NORD LEAD 2X, YAMAHA TX802, OBERHEIM MATRIX 1000, EMU PROTEUS 2000, ROLAND XV5080

Return to Buyer's Guide