trading blofeld for virus c ?

A forum for discussing the pros & cons of buying a particular synth and for advice on buying synthesizers.

trading blofeld for virus c ?

Postby Jugo » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:37 am

I havea blofeld desktop, and there is an opportunity to trade it (with some additional payement) for a virus c module.
is it worth it?
I like the blofeld, it's my first va, but it's quite glitchy, and the sound doesn't sound as 'full' like with the virus demos that i've heard. Plus the fx section on the virus always had my attention.
Dont need it for one specific style, more like an all in one synth, since it's the only va that I'll be using for now

is it worth it? or should I keep the blofeld?
Jugo

Advertisement:

Re: trading blofeld for virus c ?

Postby Bitexion » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:15 pm

I doubt someone would trade a VC for a blofeld. They are very far apart pricewise still.

But you can try of course. A blofeld isn't any good if you don't like it. What we say is kind of pointless if you don't use yours :)
Bitexion
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Gear: Alesis Andromeda A6
Roland D-50
Yamaha Motif XF6
Roland Gaia
Alesis Ion
Analogue Systems modular
+various assorted bits&bobs

Re: trading blofeld for virus c ?

Postby Rick N Boogie » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:24 pm

This will be of little help, but here goes. At onetime, I owned both a Blofeld KB, and a Virus KB. While they were very different in some regards, the were also very similar. When it came time to decide which of the 2 I'd keep, the Virus was sold- and I still own and love my Blofeld. Depending on how much more $$ you'd need to spend and how much you love/hate your Blofeld, only you know.
Bassist, synth junkie
Rick N Boogie

Gear: MEK/Blofeld/Phatty
Basses/synth fx galore
Band: no.one.won

Return to Buyer's Guide