Likely. Either I used multiple IT files for different sections in time (like a busy section and a slow section), or it's like really doing multiple tracks and hearing them work together during the mixing stage.
I've done songs based on like five or more loose IT files even. It basically meant that one IT file contained all the ideas, but with limited/basic instruments (it was all about the 99 samples limitation, after all). Later IT files contained only e.g. the violin sections, for which I've loaded large instruments, and all that got together in the mixing stage. I went as far as loading string sections and solo strings from multiple libraries in order to create a lush sound with some minor timing errors and other performance 'flaws'. But it can always be worse: based on core ideas, I've also added layers based on VSL-articulations. Meaning: loading legato transitions 'n such, which basically meant recreating a whole melody with custom picked sounds. In other words, in the early 00's and in a 'DAW' that was totally not up to it, I was already doing things that only today are sort of normal.
It was tedious, that's true. It meant that, once I started to expand to dedicated instrument IT files, the ideas in the core IT file had to be locked, obviously.
These days those problems are over; reViSiT is IT-based and functions as a plug-in, controlling virtual instruments through a host.
"You know I love you, CS, but this is bullshit." (Automatic Gainsay)
s: VSL/FM8/EWQL/LASS h: DX7/FS1r/VL70/SY77/SN2r/JD800/JD990/XV88/Emu6400/Poly61/Amek35:12:2/genelec1030 r: Violin/AltoSax/TinWhistle c: i7-4770/RAM32GB/SSDFM8 vids