Is there any free D-50 VST's?

For computer based music makers. Discussions about plug-ins and stand alone computer synth gear.

Postby SecondSkin » Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:46 am

meeks wrote:There was a Reaktor .ens that modeled the D50, but roland shut it down... since they've "re-released" (if that's what you want to call it) copyright issues are at play again (so I am told, not that I know anything about them).

That was made by William K, the developer of Wusikstation. Wusikstation is a wavetable/wavesequencing VST with tons of D50 presets, as well as samples of many other digitals and hybrids (it has the complete dwgs waves, for instance). It is VERY reasonably priced and well worth the investment -- and is probably the closest thing there is to a D50 emulation in the vst realm.
SecondSkin

Advertisement:

Postby masyst » Sun Nov 26, 2006 10:33 pm

Anaki_Muon wrote:The Roland D-50 is quite similar to the Roland MT-32 (or so I've heard), of which there are a couple software emultions of.

1) Munt (software)
2) MT-32 Emulator (software)
3) SoundWave 32 (hardware soundcard)

But it don't include any ROM's. So I can't use it... :cry:
A synthesizer will be for you what you want it to be...
masyst

Gear: 5 gears + reverse

Postby midi2 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:12 pm

I like to have some particular sound of the D50 like the digital native dance,fantasia,soundtrack etc. but even in samples there is nothing good.A multisampled sample cd of the factory sounds at least would be nice commercial stuff it doesn't matter.Sometimes I am thinking to buy a real d550 for these sounds ...
midi2

Gear: Kawai K1 II,Kawai K3m,Yamaha DX-100,Roland MKS-50,Roland PG-300,Roland JX-8P,Novation KS4

Previous

Return to Software Synthesizers