For you Japan fans: Richard Barbieri & Reason

For computer based music makers. Discussions about plug-ins and stand alone computer synth gear.

Postby Barbieri » Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:05 pm

braincandy wrote:Richard,

Have you had the chance to upgrade to Reason 3.0? I know that you said the Combinator was of particular interest to you, as you were still using Reason 2.5 at the time of your interview with Propellerheads.

Hi there,

Yes, I just loaded Reason 3 a couple of weeks ago. The Combinator makes all the difference. I'm just treating it as one powerful synth really, with each instrument as separate oscillators. Combining 3 or 4 Subtractors and a couple of NN-XT's with analogue samples of my Prophet makes for a pretty powerful patch.
Very useful also for textural, ambient loops and morphing FX.

Regards,

Richard
Barbieri

Advertisement:

Postby clueless » Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:35 pm

If you are still lurking Richard.... Hello! I never contribute in the software section because I don't have any thoughts on it. I heard you were about and just wanted to say you very narrowly lost out to Mick Karn for the love of my childhood sweetheart. I ain't much younger than you and at the time it was either you or more probably Mick that was in her mind when she was with me!! :cry: We were (and I still am) big Japan fans. Don't know where she is now. Eh..... you ain't married to someone called Gillian are you. :lol:
Good to hear the passion is still with you. Don't know how you made those sounds man but they pretty much shaped my life. Thanks.
clueless

Previous

Return to Software Synthesizers