Need help with M-Audio Audiophile Sound Card

For computer based music makers. Discussions about plug-ins and stand alone computer synth gear.

Need help with M-Audio Audiophile Sound Card

Postby MrHope » Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:48 pm

I just ordered an M-Audio Audiophile Sound Card. I used to have a similar one years ago. What I'm wonder is this:

Can I record the internal output of WAVE files using the soundcard? I can do it with my Riviera sound card, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to do it with the new card. Often I like to play Tuareg (Tu2) and play with the faders while I record the audio output of it in CoolEdit. Will I be able to do this with the new card and how?
MrHope
No Longer Registered

Advertisement:

Postby atom » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:28 pm

from what i remember when using my 2496 audiophile you can't do that, i'll check with my friend
who got it from me as a gift. but it's 90% no.
----------------
http://ctrlr.org
----------------
atom

Postby REwire » Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:58 am

Definately not.

But that feature becomes meaningless when using software that does that itself by rendering wave files to new ones.
Buchla, Serge & Eurorack Modular; EML101; Minimoog; Synthacon; MS20; Nord2; NordG1; PolyEvoRack; MKS80; MKS50; TB303; Electribe EMX1; JV1080
http://www.REwireMusic.com
REwire

Postby MrHope » Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:23 am

Thanks for your help with the record function. I might not need the recording function but if i need it, I'll try using Virtual Audio Cable.

The problem I'm having now is the ASIO drivers aren't showing up in SAVI Host (a VSTi host).

I even tried installing ASIO4all, but no WDM drivers showed up for the Audiophile 2496 in the ASIO4all control panel.

This is really frustrating because it's the exact same problem I had with the Riviera sound card.
MrHope
No Longer Registered

Postby toad » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:11 am

I think it's possible, i don't have an audiophile anymore so i can't try it either, but the key is to not use asio drivers in both programs.
In this case, make Tuareg use asio drivers, and use wdm drivers in Cool edit.
Or the other way around. Then open the soundcards mixer app, and make sure to unmute "monitor mixer", which is similar to "what u hear" on creative cards.
Then you just have to select the correct input in cool edit to make it work.
Hope this helps.
toad

Postby MrHope » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:16 pm

Hey thanks for your help, that's a good idea. I'll try that.
MrHope
No Longer Registered

Return to Software Synthesizers