Where is ASIO on Audiophile 2496 (M-Audio)

For computer based music makers. Discussions about plug-ins and stand alone computer synth gear.

Where is ASIO on Audiophile 2496 (M-Audio)

Postby MrHope » Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:26 am

I just installed an M-Audio Audiophile 2496. The problem I'm having now is the ASIO drivers aren't showing up in my ASIO programs like TunaFish and SAVI Host. Also there is no ASIO control panel. I sent a message to M-Audio tech support, but it could be a long time before I hear from them. The MME drivers work, but they are still a bit slow, and ASIO would be faster.

I even tried installing ASIO4all, but no WDM drivers showed up for the Audiophile 2496 in the ASIO4all control panel.

This is really frustrating because it's the exact same problem I had with the Riviera sound card.

Does anybody have any ideas of what I should do?
MrHope
No Longer Registered

Advertisement:

Postby WellingtonCrab » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:25 am

I have the same soundcard, and have no issues with apps recognizing the drivers when they are properly installed.

Are you sure the drivers for the soundcard are installed? does the m audio control panel show up in your system tray? If it does then the ASIO related settings should be under the Hardware Settings tab.

There is nothing under there however that will make the ASIO drivers appear in your applications, making me think it's a driver issue.

The directions for installing the drivers in windows xp off the included cd can be a bit baffling. Did you try using the automated driver install off the m-audio website?

http://www.m-audio.com/index.php?do=sup ... 736&dl=yes
DSI Tempest, Moog Slim Phatty, Roland JX-8p, Elektron MDUW, Sequential Circuits Prophet 2000, Akai Ax-60 and S-612, Korg microKORG, Roland RS-09, Omnichord OM-84, Zoom ST-224, SX-64 + Prophet 64, Tascam 246
WellingtonCrab

Band: The Summer Darlings

Postby MrHope » Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:26 pm

Hey thanks for your help. I downloaded the most recent driver they had listed at M-Audio. The ASIO now works with TunaFish, and SAVI Host. I set the Audiophile to 7ms latency buffers and the VSTi's work ok in TunaFish now.

I'm really annoyed with M-Audio for having a bad driver installation CD in with the card. The other odd thing was that the instruction manual for installation was totally different than the actual installation programs. Oh well.
MrHope
No Longer Registered

Return to Software Synthesizers