Rtas and Protools

For computer based music makers. Discussions about plug-ins and stand alone computer synth gear.

Rtas and Protools

Postby eNnuye » Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:46 am

Hello, this is my first time trying to install an rtas plug in into protools 7.1. I installed amplitude yet it doesn't show up in the plug in selection....does anyone know what i am doing wrong? leaving out a step?
Gear:
Emu emax se hd, nord lead 2, korg em1x, Native Instruments Yamaha fm7, Mbox Protools , casio fz10m, Korg Legacy Collection, Arturia Moog Modular
eNnuye

Advertisement:

Postby HrBak » Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:15 pm

I don't use Protools.. But have you installed the plugin the same place as the other plugin's? If not, try to do that
Letters and Leaves of Grass

Check The winter leaves at:
******* www.myspace.com/vickystudio *******
HrBak

Postby DX » Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:17 pm

Hi,
I work with PT but I don't remember how about the plug in folders. AFAIR I think they are automatically placed on Program Files or so.
Altough I remember one of my first install trying, I couldn't see any plugs on pro tools. I needed to reinstall all the software.

Sorry I can't help well :(
E-mu EMAX. Yamaha DX7, DX7 II FD, DX27S, Roland JP8000, D10, JX-8P. Korg POLY800. Casio CZ1000, Casiotone MT-70, SK1 (lost in my house), Commodore C64 w/ prophet64. Akai S3000 XL HD. KURZWEIL PC1x
DX

Postby Stab Frenzy » Tue Oct 31, 2006 1:40 pm

Mac or PC?

On a mac it should go automatically to the right folder, which is: Library/Audio/Plugins/Digidesign have a look there. On PC I can't help you sorry.

Are the other Digi Plugins (EQ III, Dynamics, etc) working fine?
Stab Frenzy

Gear: Octatrack, Analog Four, Eurorack, Minibrute, Ultranova, many FX

RTAS & Pro Tools

Postby PosiPro » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:19 am

Try restarting your computer. You have to restart after installing a new plug-in in order for DAE/Pro Tools to "see" the new plug-in.

Also, if you're running Pro Toools LE, invest in extra RAM. You can run more plug-ins that way with fewer DAE errors.

Good luck.
PosiPro

Postby MissionBrown » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:39 am

Try it on a mono track under the instrument
Did you mean Amplitube or Amplitlude?
Amplitube is deninitely mono.
Cheers
A
MissionBrown

Postby Stab Frenzy » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:05 am

Also another thing worth checking if you're on an intel mac is that you've got a universal binary installer. I found a few of the plugs that came with my 002 weren't UB, so I had to download them from the digi website and install the new versions. Try download the latest version from the IK website and installing that.
Stab Frenzy

Gear: Octatrack, Analog Four, Eurorack, Minibrute, Ultranova, many FX

Postby eNnuye » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:44 pm

well thanks guys...it turns out it has to be under a instrument track or aux track bused to a audio track.
Gear:
Emu emax se hd, nord lead 2, korg em1x, Native Instruments Yamaha fm7, Mbox Protools , casio fz10m, Korg Legacy Collection, Arturia Moog Modular
eNnuye

Return to Software Synthesizers