recomend software for me

For computer based music makers. Discussions about plug-ins and stand alone computer synth gear.

recomend software for me

Postby NewUser » Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:04 am

im sure this is a annoying thread so apoligies before hand. but iv been a hardware user and this is my first step into software and theres so many choices it seems ill need some help if anyone can lend there advice, for a soft sampler
heres some things im looking for:

im looking for kind of a korg-Triton for software.
something that will have paino, bells, and real strings, and some synth sounds would be a plus aswell.
this might be hard to explian from a software newb but interface wise im looking for just broad catagories i can choose from like, pianos, and in that section thell be plenty piano options to choose from, or if i clicked synth strings thell be a good number of pad sounds, basicly looking for a interface that has a small learning curve like that, that has catagories for real sounds and synth sounds.
something that i can plug a wieghtedkey m-audio controller into and start jamming, and not read manuels over and over.
and most importantly, i need to be able to mangle the sounds, thru fx or etc.

i want to use this to get real piano and strings, but also get some benifits of software and be able to get intresting sounds.

thanks for any advice or tips in a good direction.
NewUser

Advertisement:

Postby jimi_t » Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:15 am

Hmmm...
Korg Legacy collection has M1 and Wavestation emulation, which you might like.
There's some decent free VSTi's you might like to host in the (also free) Reaper. If you have an M-Audio keyboard you probably have Ableton Live Lite free with it anyway which is quite good for that sort of thing. One plug which is decent is "Synth1" - search KVR-Audio.
You ever consider maybe just buying a cheap keyboard or rack with a GM soundset? That would be close enough to what you get with the Triton (though not as polished or extensive). I'm sure there's a software emulation or VSTi - anyone want to help out here?
---------
MFB Synth Lite II, x0xb0x, ER-1 Mk.II, Yamaha TG-33, Axiom 49
jimi_t

Postby ford442 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:20 am

ya - just head over to www.kvraudio.com - you'll find what you need..!
ford442

Band: Noah Cohn

Postby Style » Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:36 am

you can take a look into hypersonic. It might be similar to what you're looking for.
Style

Postby desdinova » Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:34 pm

Wusikstation is good for soft "rom"pler action, I'd second the suggestion of the korg legacy digital collection.
rerum concordia discors | genre: wankery
desdinova

Postby Geso » Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:56 pm

Personally I would recommend using different synths for your different needs.

For Strings and Piano I would use Kontakt with maybe wizoo string discs and Waldorf (by Steinberg?) piano sounds. Then for lead stuff it depends on what you're looking for- for vintage i would look at the Minimonsta, and for more current sounds I would recommend Massive (see the above thread). Something else to note- Kontakt by native instruments uses sample libraries instead of generating the tones. Therefore you can use things like the Native Instruments Elektrik Piano if you have the samples, or the M-Tron for mellotron sounds.

Hope that helps.
Geso

Return to Software Synthesizers