Vocals (FX, auto -tune, Pitch shifting, etc)

For computer based music makers. Discussions about plug-ins and stand alone computer synth gear.

Vocals (FX, auto -tune, Pitch shifting, etc)

Postby otto » Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:00 pm

I’m looking for something to use to mess with vocals such as Brian Eno does on his latest album our The Knife do on their stuff, etc. I’ve read that a lot of people are using Auto tune for pitch shifting and the obvious autotune vocals that Daft Punk and Cher do. I’ve notices that Yamaha puts out cheaper software called Pitch-fix. Has anyone used Pitch-Fix? Is it any good? Is a pitch corrector really what I’m looking for or is it more of a one trick pony? Any other suggestions on fun and unusual ways to mess with vocals?
hello darkness, my old friend
I've come to talk with you again
otto
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Advertisement:

Postby Style » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:54 am

Melodyne is great for pitch shifting vocals. but i'd only get it if you want to fix pitch problems, for effects you should just look into other plugins. It depends with what you want to do as well. Phasers, delays, reverb, are just a few of the commonly used fx applied to vocal tracks.
Style

Postby elmosexwhistle » Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:32 pm

i really like the akai autotune for pitch correction...you can make the singer sing one note the whole song if need be(?!), or give the plugin a midi track and itll pitch the vocals around to the brink of insanity and beyond...other than that...just compress your vocals, cut out much of the low end and boost them at 600hz, 2000hz and 4000hz a little, and then run them through a load of those there pretty plugins you can get off kvr, i'm sure you'll be coming with insane effects in no time ^_^ x
elmosexwhistle
VSE Review Contributor
VSE Review Contributor

Band: Elmo Sexwhistle

Postby MrHope » Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:51 am

I think the effect is overplayed, much like timestretched vocals. It sounds great the first few times you hear it, then it gets annoying. But that's just my opinion.
MrHope
No Longer Registered

Return to Software Synthesizers